Friday, March 9, 2018

I Prayed For You by Jean Fisher and illustrated by Frank Endersby

This children's book isn't a new release. It was published in 2015. But this beauty of a book is new to me. 

This would be a beautiful gift for an expectant mother and father. A wonderful first book for a little one. Most of all it is sweetness and would make for the perfect book to read when all snuggled up. 

Who doesn't love bears? The illustrations of this books are so precious. Soft and inviting. Warm and cozy soft hues blanket each page. You can leave the cover jacket on or for your convenience remove it. 

Here are just a few examples from the pages of I Prayed For You. 

"The first time I held you in my arms, you fell asleep all snuggly-cozy. And I prayed." {Thank You, dear God, for this cute, cuddly bear. May my little one know Your love's always there.}

"One day I gave you colorful paints and brushes, and you painted your first picture. As I hung it on the wall, I prayed." {Thank You, dear God, for my bear cub's sweet heart. To me, this child is Your great work of art.}

"The first time you got hurt, I gave you the biggest, warmest, safest mama hug, and I asked God to make you all better again." {Whenever my sweetie pie hurts for a while, please change that sad face from a frown to a smile.}

"Then, one day, you were so brave. You spent the whole day at school without me. And while you were gone, I asked God to help you." {My little one's headed for classrooms and hallways. Please go with my pumpkin today and then always.}

This just may be my favorite children's book of the year that I have been blessed to review. Just sweetness between child and parent. A time to open the heart and simply love. 

I cannot wait to gift this gem to my daughter and granddaughter. I know they will love reading this together. 💜

This children's book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 

Jean Fisher has written many Christian books for adults and children. Born and raised in Wisconsin, she lives near the shore of Lake Michigan, where she enjoys watching woodland wildlife and working in her backyard gardens. 

Frank Endersby has experimented with many forms of art, from designing greeting cards to designing china patterns to illustrating preschool board books. Frank lives in the Cotswolds, surrounded by rolling hills and woodland glades, giving him lots of inspiration to paint. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...