Saturday, April 29, 2017

Maybe It's You by Candace Calvert (book 3 in Crisis Team Series)

I love being introduced to new authors. Now, Candace isn't new at all. I was going through the novels at Tyndale and this one stood out to me. I knew of Candace, but I hadn't read any of her work. Oh, what I have been missing. She is fabulous! 

For the first time ever, and I have been reviewing for many years now, I fell in love with the main character within the first two chapters. Within the first chapter Calvert had me so intrigued that this was a novel that was difficult to put down. 

When I chose this novel I had no idea it was third in this series. I always share with fellow readers that if you're going to read a series read them in order to get the best out of the penned words being offered. Not so with this novel! I was blown away when I realized it was the final book of the series. Although I have not read the first two, which I am now hoping to go back and read, I didn't feel at all that I was missing anything. This could totally be a stand alone novel. 

Just like with Lay's chips you can't eat just one, well, I think I just may be addicted. I cannot wait to read more of this author. This novel held a bit of everything. What sticks out to me is the heart of the characters that Calvert was able to bring to life. It was perfectly paced, heart-grabbing, and believable. I love when a novel is so believable that I can find myself within the characters. 

The back cover doesn't give a vast description of this novel. Sure, a romance, but there's also suspense, a kind of at the edge of your seat read. I also love that faith is woven throughout this novel. We see characters who are on the fence with God. We see their inner struggle with faith. They have believed at one time in their life, but as circumstances have brought them to come face to face with their fears, they have come to the conclusion that a relationship with God is the last thing that's possible. But, they will come to see that if God had a fridge their picture would be right on the front!

You know how there are books that come at the right time? This is one of those novels for me. Seven months ago my husband was hit by a drunk driver. He is still recovering from the crash. Everything about this drunk driver has changed our lives forever. Let me just say the characters in this novel brought me to a place I didn't feel comfortable with. Not in a bad way. But in that way that helped me to see what my deep anger was doing. See, there are many aspects to the characters in this novel that bring to light how drunk driving affects every aspect of life. This is one of those novels that can make a huge impact on the reader who is facing circumstances whether they are in the driver's seat, the passenger, or at the funeral of one killed by a drunk driver. So many different aspects and emotions collide with these characters. Candace wove masterfully wove them all together.

Not only medical drama, but there are many criminal aspects too! This is your favorite soap opera on steroids. This novel is explosive in bringing many characters together and entwining their stories to create this jam-packed creation. There are many twists and turns, stories within stories, and characters that will bring you to look closer at yourself. 

Maybe what I love the most is that these characters took their second chance and didn't waste it. I loved journeying with these characters. They knew what their past held, how far they had come, and what it took for them to be whole. They had to find forgiveness in others and in themselves. They were not about to give up what they had come to see as a journey where God had never left them.

This novel was a gift from Tyndale for sharing my review with you.

Candace Calvert is a former ER nurse and author of the Mercy Hospital, Grace Medical, and Crisis Team series. Her medical dramas offer readers a chance to "scrub in" on the exciting world of emergency medicine. Wife, mother, and very proud grandmother, Candace makes her home in northern California. Please visit her website at www.candacecalvert.com.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...