Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Why So Much Worried Waste?

Why so much worried waste? God is not limited in time, power, or space. We limit Him in our lives through our lack of faith and our lack of obedience. His presence is promised to us who believe. So, why do we fear? He is either in control or He isn't. I choose to believe that He is in total control.

He's already in our tomorrow. He has heaven awaiting us who choose to believe. There is no greater inheritance.  So, knowing that, having our faith grounded in our future with Him, what do we really have to fear? 

We can't stop life from happening. Some things, actions, and reactions, are of our own choice. Some circumstances are not of our choice or making. But no matter how the circumstance around us, God is still present. Still in control. That's living a "no matter what" kind of faith. 

Fear is a natural instinct when something dangerous is happening to us. But what about the fear we hold for things that have yet to happen? Things that may never happen? That is the precious time stolen away from us by the great deceiver, Satan. If we are living in fear we are without peace and joy. 

God releases life to us moment by moment, breath by breath. Can you imagine if He released all of life upon us at once? Think about that. We simply couldn't handle it. We would live in constant overload. 

His yoke is easy. His burden light. We become fearful when we try to take it all in at once and hold life itself within our own hands. You know that saying, He doesn't give us more than we can handle? That is so off from His Word. Scripture doesn't say anything of the sort. Life unfolds before us with measured time. What is too much for us, we can with His power and strength. We faith to allow God the room He needs to move on our behalf. 

He's capable, isn't He? I give to Him and then I try to take it back as if I can somehow protect my family better than He. I can rest in Him, weary and anxious. See, I've learned it's when I am so scared, when I choose to open my hands to Him, and say, "Yes, Jesus, my life is Yours. Use every circumstance in my life to grow me closer to You", that I see Him move in extraordinary ways. 

Where is my belief? Why am I constantly waiting for disaster to happen? His ways are higher than mine. He sees far beyond my vision. His capabilities surpass anything I can do on my own. Peace isn't all flowers and sunshine. Peace comes in our darkest hours when we give over our fear to God as the storm rages wildly around us. 

There is nothing that I will face today that He is not already prepared for. What a mighty love, right? He isn't leaving us to our own devices. He comes in our darkest moment, and says, "Trust Me". I see my weaknesses and question myself, when instead I should be focused on my Jesus and His mighty strength. 

Let us not go through life starving ourselves of faith. Let us today empty ourselves of all fear and anxiety. Instead of hanging on to fear of what hasn't yet happened, let us open our hands wide and say to our God, the God who created our lives, who knows every step, "Lord, Your will and not mine." 

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:34

"The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundant." John 10:10

"Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit"; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away. Instead you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that." James 4:13-15

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...