Thursday, October 6, 2016

What's In A King's Hands?


Get this. The King of the world loves you!! I know, how can it be that you and I are known and loved by the One who created the universe and all it holds?! 

He created the gigantic and the tiny. The wide and narrow. The highest of mountains and lowest of valleys. But He didn't stop there. He created love, hope, and faith!! 

In His hands He wove this world for you and me!! That's not just fascinating, that's extraordinary! There is nothing more powerful than His love. Within His hands He molded our lives and set in motion perfection for our days. 

Although we don't always understand, how can we doubt Him? How do I doubt a love so mighty? A Creator who not only created this vast world and everything in it, but me. He created me! I am known and I am valued by my Lord. 

I always try to take in my tiny hands what He holds so masterfully in His. His hands are strong, yet they are gentle. Why are we always trying to take from Him, know more than Him, and reconstruct with our own thinking what we think to be best? 

Oh, if only we could worship Him with all of our being, remaining focused on Him, and never wavering. Ah, but He knows us, remember? He knows we will waver. He knows we will question. He knows we will stumble. But there He is always reaching out. Forever making a way for us. Always giving us room and opportunity to see His beauty. 

Today will hold so much we do not yet know. How could we possibly know? But the King of the universe knows and He holds in His hands all that love Him. Today we can open our hands with trust and He will place in our heart a kind of peace that will carry us through this day of unknown minutes. It's up to us to see Him and all His glory. 

He's waiting to show us so much of Himself. In fear we hold back. I open my hands to give Him everything, but then it gets scary and I take it back. I am trying to wrap my mind around why I so easily try to take back what I give Him. I mean, all I am and all I love belongs to Him. I so want to just leave things in His hands, but at what cost? Didn't He already give everything of Himself for me? The cross says it all. 

This life isn't about easy. In our uneasy He will cover us and fill us with everything of Him. Right now in this very minute His glory is being unveiled to us. Let's choose to see all the King of the universe is doing on behalf of all who love Him and even those who yet know know Him. We don't want to miss out on what He has for us today.

I easily accept the love and laughter. All the good things that come that give such joy. These are from Him. I open my hands and say, "Yes, Lord, more of this, please"! But when things get difficult how can I not open my hands? It's easy to close up my hands and say, "No, Lord, not this". Doesn't everything that touches my life first go through His hands? The same hands that molded me into life? 

I'm learning that when I fully open my hands to Him my faith comes alive. Hope and trust come with obedience. I either believe in all of Him or none of Him. So, here I am today opening my hands to Him. Laying everything in my life before Him. 

He is capable, isn't He? Of course He is. I give to Him and then I try to take it back as if I can somehow protect my family better. I can rest in Him, weary and anxious, with every amount of trust He has instilled within me. 

Where is my belief? Why am I constantly waiting for disaster to happen? This fear comes in the middle of the night. So, I open my hands. I pour out each of my loved ones to the Lord and pray. His ways are higher than mine. He sees far past my vision. He knows the heart of each of my children and grandchildren. He sees the needs of parents and friends. He sees the depth of my love for my husband. Yes, He knows every exact need. 

I am a warrior when I'm praying! Sometimes it is just all overwhelming, isn't it? Do you too know these fears?  As these fears overwhelm me I pray for protection, mind, body, and soul. The names of many flow from my lips. I pray for their heart to fall into place exactly where God wants them to be in this life's journey. 

To be known and loved by a King, not just any king, but the King of kings, tells me that I am valued and precious to the One who created me. In that alone, it is enough. It is enough to be loved by Him. 

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall bring charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. Who is He who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword> As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:31-39

"See, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; Your walls are continually before Me." Isaiah 49:16

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." Proverbs 3:4-5

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...