Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Look Out Mountain

We travel unknown highways in search of something new to fill our senses and capture something spectacular within us. Here in Missouri there are several places where the driver is given the opportunity to pull over into a park area for a photo of the green covered mountains and rolling hills. What if we were constantly on the look out for all God has prepared for us? Too often we are looking in another direction and we miss our invitation with Him for adventure.

My husband never gets lost. I was always the opposite. I was always getting lost until he taught me my sense of direction, the paths of the highways and how they all connect in one way or another. 

I use to get so anxious if I lost my way. Not any longer. I calmly remind myself that even if my road dead-ends, I can turn around, head back, get my baring, and find my way. 

I'm so thankful my husband taught me so many different ways to travel to the same place. It makes Monday grocery shopping much more exciting. I would continue to travel the same path, but where is my adventure in that? There can be comfort in sameness, but exploring gives us another opportunity to live out something new instead of clinging to old ways. 

There are times I love driving and being alone for a few hours. I can turn on the radio and right there in the midst of the music  and the unexpected I can have church. I can sing and praise in thanksgiving. My heart opens and I continue in conversation with my Lord. 

Today I took a path my husband had taught me. I was looking at the hay bales scattered across the fields. I looked over and seen a beautiful mama doe with her spotted fawn. In all I seen six deer and so much of God's beauty in sights that captured my senses to praise all the more. 

As the words of the songs saturated my heart, tears easily wet my cheeks. God's wonder never ceases. My time spent with Him never leaves me empty. I no longer look for the easiest, most traveled path, but am always on the look out for the path that leads me to experience my Savior.

"Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; Shall you know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert." 
Isaiah 43:19

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...