Sunday, July 17, 2016

Stepping With Security

My path is before me. Each step has already been planned for me. Where are my eyes focused? The steps already behind me? Those miles ahead that I cannot yet see? 

I need to be focused on my step right now. This path goes in many directions. I have a choice to go to the right or to the left. Each step will lead to another. I need to be sure of where I am headed. I am in need of a guide. In fact, not just any guide, but the One who knows my steps behind me and those steps I will take tomorrow.

I am not sure how many tomorrows I have in my quiver, nor how many steps today will hold for me, but I know the One who does. Why would I trust another with my future? Why would I take those steps alone, all on my own, without any guidance? 

That's like walking through a dark, unknown house, without a flashlight. A stumble is certain to take place. Just ask my husband who would frequently come home from work only to find his foot aching from the couch leg or an end table being in his way. Okay, I just happen to enjoy moving our furniture. He just happened to arrive home at night lol. 

But, everything changes when our path is clear of shadows and uneven planks can now be seen clearly. Oh, and if someone informs us they has moved the furniture it gives us a heads up lol. Our God is the One who is able and willing to do that for us. No, we cannot possibly foresee what will come tomorrow, but we can be prepared by making sure our focus is on the light ahead of us and not the circumstance filled with darkness and unknown. 

Our Lord has no intention of planning our path and having us walk it alone. He doesn't want us walking unsure in the dark. Part of His plan is to be the Guide for the journey, wherever that journey takes us. He knows every complication, every circumstance, and every distraction that will try to steal our focus. 

If I remain focused on Him, seek Him before I step, and trust Him as my Light, He will supply my every need for each and every step that is before me. When I take His hand and allow Him to lead it is there that I will experience extraordinary along the way. 

"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall not run and be weary, they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the Lord upholds him with His hand." Psalm 37:23-24

"You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." Psalm 16:11

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...