Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Experiencing His Living Presence

How amazing it is to be in a relationship where you are always learning more about the person you are so interested in. Oh, and to have them interested in you as well. We are to be intrigued. Always wanting and waiting to discover more, right? That's how our love grows. 

As our God desires an intimate walk with us, we too are to desire to know Him more. The more we know about our Lord, the more we uncover of ourselves. He so delights in us. That should stir our hearts. 

Our God is mysterious. We will never know all about Him. So much we don't understand, but isn't that intriguing? As we seek Him more, He continues to unveil more Himself to us. 

How wonderful to enjoy the sweet company of another. To experience life with them connects us in such a special way. He has given is us the invitation to join Him on  a faith-walk. When we accept, He is forever with us. We can be in a continual relationship of worship with our Savior. That's magnificent. I can't picture any other person wanting to spend such time with me. 

"One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life." Psalm 27:4

I never quite understand this verse until my time spent with Him this morning. How could I possibly dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life? Isn't the house of the Lord in heaven? Yes, it is, but as the Living God is living and present within me, His temple in my body. Knowing this, He being present with me always I can be in continual fellowship with my Savior. Love it!

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" Psalm 34:8

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

"For the Lord is good; His mercy everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations." Psalm 100:5

Oh, how we are to taste and see that our Lord is good. The more time we spend with our Lord the more we will uncover. We have a front row seat to our Lord's glory. His thoughts are higher than ours. He never overloads us with what we cannot yet understand. As we grow in person and closer in relationship with Him He will unveil more of Himself to us in His perfected time so we can grasp portions of Him, only to desire more. 

Our Lord is good. His mercy everlasting. Each day we have the opportunity to spend time with Him. In those moments spent with Him our faith increases as we are able to enjoy an intimate side of Him that is unique to our personal relationship.

Experience all of today in full anticipation!

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...