Monday, December 7, 2015

Getting Unstuck with Jesus

Have I mentioned we have a new pup in our home? Stanley is our seven month old Dachshund. He's a cutie and 99% good as gold. But where there is trouble you will find Stanley in the mix of it.

"I will not leave you nor forsake you." Joshua 1:5h

As you know with a pup you must keep your eyes upon them at all times. It only takes a moment for something to happen and let's face it. A pup can destroy a room if left alone even for a bit.

"Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His mercy." Psalm 33:18

This morning I was studying and Stanley had been laying on his blanket at the foot of my bed. I got lost in study and took my eyes off of him. After all I thought he was sleeping. Playing opossum is more like it. I called for him. He didn't come. I searched and didn't find him. I heard his whine and then knew..this tiny fella had found his way into the box springs. Yes, he was caught in the springs. Each leg seeming to be hanging in a different place. He must have found a small hole in the fabric and then hopped on up to see what adventure he could find. Little did he know that he would get stuck.

"In the day of my trouble I will call upon You, O Lord; Nor are there any works like Your works." Psalm 86:7

Oh, let me mention that Stanley is just now healing over a leg injury. That injury was caused by him jumping on the love seat and falling off backwards and landing on his leg. Oh, mercy! I told you. He's a great pup. Super smart. LOL Yes, he really is smart. But obviously he can find his way into trouble.

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 40:10

Now, how was I to get him unstuck without him hurting himself worse? (Can you just hear our Savior saying the same about us?) I grabbed my hair scissors and began to cut away all the fabric from the underneath of the box springs. Stanley just remained there stuck, but watching every move I made. I cut enough away to get him out. I had to make my way underneath the bed. Oh, what a sight it must have been. But I was on the rescue and knew I had to help Stanley.

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

I moved his tiny legs from being unstuck and held on tight as I pulled him out from underneath the bed. He sat on my lap, not moving, but looking at me as if to say, "Whoa, did you see that? That bed just about ate me!!" He was terrified. In his second of thinking he would explore unknown territory, he wasn't thinking of or prepared for the danger that lie ahead. Isn't that so much like us to just go off on our own not thinking about the consequences of our actions?

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ." Philippians 4:6-7

Stanley isn't unlike me. Oh, the times I must have set out on adventure only to find trouble. I still find trouble or it tends to find me. But there is my Jesus, ready to rescue.

"God is our refuge ans strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

He leads me in every way. Warns me from danger. He forever wants me to be safe. He doesn't want to see me hurt. But in my disobedience and curious nature I set off on my own and there I am...stuck just like Stanley. Jesus is faithful to rescue me. He goes before me. He never leaves my side. What I have learned is that I never want to go anywhere where my Jesus is not. He promises not to leave me. His eye is always upon me. When trouble is before us all we must do is call out for our Jesus and He will hear our cry. He is forever present with us.

"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry." Psalm 34:15

There are a great many ways we can get stuck. I've been there feeling stuck and not knowing what to do. Friends, if you're feeling stuck today call out to Jesus. He will make a way. He will set you on a new course and give you a new vision.

"Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12

I think Stanley has learned his lesson. But then again he may be like me and it'll take him a few stumbles of getting stuck before he gets it. After all he is a pup. As for me, I'm just a Jesus chick still growing and learning my way through getting unstuck in this world that would so love to keep me there. 


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...