Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Where There Is Fear Faith Can Overcome

It isn't by chance that God gives us, "Do Not Fear", 365 times in the Bible. He knew we would fear in this life before us. 

You're not going to hear from me that if you have faith you will have no fear. No, it is in that very fear that your faith will come alive and carry you through. Your faith will give you strength and courage. 

Our fears can consume us. They keep us from living a life in freedom. Can we ever truly be free from fear? In trusting Jesus we can overcome the fear that shackles our feet in concrete. 

How do we trust Him? We believe Him. We either believe He is God and He's in control or He isn't. Each day we have to make a choice to surrender our fears to Him. Ask Him to reveal Himself to us in ways that remind us He never falters, never waivers, never will we slip from His hand. 

Instead of a mind filled with what could happens we need to fill our mind on positive things from above. This world is filled with evil that is very real. Each day we must remember that God is alive and working in ways that we cannot see. His ways are higher than ours. That brings a comfort to me. When tragedy strikes I don't have to understand what makes no sense at all. What I do is believe that God will bring beauty from ash. He will use for good what Satan intends for evil. 

In this past year my fears have grown more real to me. As many of you know September 12, 2014 my friend's son, Donnie, was hit and killed by a drunker driver. You can read Donnie's story

It is since Donnie's death that fear has become more alive to me. I recently shared with my mother the fears that surface daily. I have kept this inside for such a long time now. Not wanting to share the thoughts that come and bring instant tears. 

Driving, hearing sirens, many things set it off for me. Most of all I question when the bad day for my family is coming. Our family has been so very blessed. For that I give God glory and thanksgiving daily. Our family isn't immune to tragedy. Why another and not us? So many things can happen and those things run raggedly through my mind. 

Where do I find escape? I turn to Jesus. I call out His name. I turn on Christian radio. I open my Bible. I read Christian novels and spread out my devotionals. I keep an open contention with my Jesus daily, praying and asking God to place a hedge of protection around my family. I take time and spill out blessings one after the other until the fear is gone. But I also must ask Him to use us in a mighty way. To broaden our territory and to give show us our purpose and call. To open the hearts of my children. For my grandchildren to receive Him as Savior at a young age and love Him all the days of their life. 

What Satan is trying to use to take me down, only brings me to my knees and closer to my Jesus. I refuse the thoughts of fear and ask God to change my focus to the things He has set before me that bring me to a time of thanksgiving and praise instead of fear and anxiety. 

When I turn to Jesus and away from my fears it only makes me love Him more and more, for He shows me His mighty strength covered in a grace that unveils His great love for me. 

Prayer is conversation with Jesus. Keep it going throughout the day. Prayer is powerful. It is our communication line straight to God. It is in Him and Him alone that all fear can be cast out. Friends, we don't have to allow fear to dictate our lives. It has its place in our life by giving us warning of evil, but beyond that warning we do not have to allow it room in our lives. 

I still wrestle with fear, but it isn't winning. There is a Victor in my life and that Victor is Jesus, my Warrior, my Shield, my Safe Harbor. 

"Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable-if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise-dwell on these things." 
Philippians 4:8

"There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love."  
1 John 4:18

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  
Joshua 1:9

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...