Monday, September 28, 2015

Glory Days by Max Lucado

Max Lucado is a favorite of mine. He has been a great teacher for this Jesus girl. All of his books are keepers, but this one just may be my fave of all time. My copy is highlighted on every page. I absorbed these words and dug deep into the Word as I visited Joshua once again. Thank you, Max Lucado for encouraging me to travel back with Joshua to learn new lessons and to embrace living a 'glory days' kind of life right now!! 

As I turned the pages I found my heart beating a little faster as I was newly excited. These black and white words were leaping off the page and brilliantly filling my heart with something that had been missing. Where had that kind of excitement gone? I found myself saying, "Yes, Max, you go!! I have everything in Jesus, why am I NOT living it? Why am I not embracing EVERYTHING today and living the excitement of Jesus?" This is exactly what I needed to hear. 

What a great time of year for this book to release. A new season. An old is passing away and a new is upon us. Just another lesson learned by Max. When we accept Jesus the old is gone and the new is born. We are new in Christ. We lack nothing. Through Jesus we truly have everything. There is nothing to hold us back from living free!! 

I could share my favorite quotes and pages from this book, but I'm going to hold back. I want you to experience such as I did. I don't want to give anything away. This is a wonderful book that will set you on the track to living a fearless life, one that will be rich with purpose as we follow the plan God has before us. Oh, indeed, it is in that plan that we will find God's glory shine in our day. We must open our eyes, be prepared, and expect to have opportunities to share the love of Jesus. 

This is a cheer-leading book for the believer. Inspiration for the defeated. This is just what my heart needed. I see Joshua in a whole new way. I'm ready to put on my armor, fight the destroyer of this earth, and live out my days giving nothing but glory to the God who created me for nothing short of greatness. 

We all get in a rut. If you're stuck this will be a great read for you. There is a great study, Questions for Reflections, prepared by David Drury,  in the back of the book that will give you an added bonus for this journey with Joshua. I found this amazingly helpful in even gaining a greater understanding. 

This book penned by Max just shares so much. Sure, it's about Joshua, but Max brings such life lesson wisdom to our heart, showing us there is another way, a better way than what we are doing right now. I absolutely soaked up each and every page of this book. I close the last page with a new passion for living and an excitement that had been missing. I didn't realize how often I still live as if I'm still living in the desert. Once again, thank you, Max!!

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for sharing my review with you. 

Max Lucado More than 120 million readers have been inspired by the words of Max Lucado. He lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy, in San Antonio, Texas, where he serves the people of Oak Hills Church.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...