Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Five Brides by Eva Marie Everson

I was delighted with Eva Marie Everson's newest release! I'm a huge fan and always expect a blessing, but this novel went far past my expectations. It is thus far my fave of Everson's writings. This girl is definitely carrying her gift with the intent on not only sharing a great story that captures the heart, but sharing the gospel and a faith for the soul. She is extraordinary in giving the reader an opportunity to not only meet the characters, but fall in love with them. I notice it even more so in this selection. She brings the characters penned on black and white to life. She gives enough detail to allow the reader to have the feeling they are present and leaves enough room for the imagination to soar. I'd say for sure that Eve Marie Everson is a true word weaver!

This story is genius. It could be described as similar to girlfriends sharing a pair of jeans, but it's so much more! These girls all come from different backgrounds, come together, and purchase a wedding gown to be used when each of them marry. The last bride will be the keeper of the gown. Love it!! 

Some of the characters are explored a bit more in detail. Could that mean there could be a sequel? I loved each of these girls and love how Eva gave us characters who are not perfect. We see their struggles within the heart, wanting to be loved, valued, and accepted. They come from a decade that captures my heart, but seems far from what Americans view today as love and proper. Oh, if I could go back in time, but wait, Eva gave me that opportunity in this beautifully penned novel. 

It's extraordinary and a fantastic read in which I took my time reading. Oh, I wanted to flip pages as quickly as I could. There was always something with these girls that was ever-changing and left me hoping for them, but I wanted to enjoy every morsel. I knew it would come to end far too soon. This is what makes a exceptionally gifted writer. When she leaves the reader pondering and stirs their heart, she is creating room for the reader to grow and expand their senses into a world most of us can only dream.

If you're searching for a great summer read choose, "Five Brides"!! This novel was enchanting. I wish I could go back in time to this period when all seemed so much different than today's world. Ah, but Eva has given me a bit of that gift through this extraordinary novel!

This novel was a gift from Tyndale for sharing my review with you. 

Eva Marie Everson is a multiple-award-winning author and speaker. She is president of Word Weavers International, director of Florida Christian Writers Conference, and enjoys coaching new authors through her company, Pen in Hand. Eva Marie and her husband are the parents of three fabulous children who have blessed them with the world's greatest grandchildren.


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...