Tuesday, May 26, 2015

To Win Her Favor by Tamera Alexander

I was blessed to review the first novel in the Belle Meade Plantation Series, "To Whisper Her Name". (Check out my review of this historical masterpiece).  

This second novel, "To Win Her Favor", is just as beautifully penned. Tamara Alexander is one of my absolute favorites in historical romance. She moves the pen with passion and gives the reader so much to walk away with after closing the last page. 

This is one of those reads in which you wish to take your time. It's a journey back in time and to a place that seems like home to the heart for the weary traveler. 

First, let me share that the romance swept me off my feet. Classy and so romantic. She allows the reader to fall in love with the love between these characters. 

A young Irishman in Tennessee set out to begin anew and a young woman tender at heart looking for a second chance come together in this masterpiece woven over time that takes the reader into the heart of man. 

As each chapter came to pass I drew more closely to these characters. Slavery, words that cut deep, the color of a man's skin, the accent his possess, and the painful ache of not being good enough in stature. These are very real to the characters within these pages. 

But there in the midst of it all is a God who is never absent, always at work, and forever present in every circumstance. We see hearts grow from tragedy and trial. We see family come together and learn that family isn't necessarily bloodline. 

I loved each and every aspect of this story that has the power to be award winning. Tamera Alexander never lets me down. I know when I am blessed to place a novel by her brilliant gift of pen in my hands that I am going on a journey of past time and will walk away with a heart filled with more passion and grace than when I began. 

This book was a gift from Zondervan for sharing my review with you. 

Tamera Alexander is the best-selling author of numerous books including A Lasting Impression and The Inheritance. Her richly-drawn characters and thought-provoking plots have earned her devoted readers worldwide. Tamera is a two-time Christy Award winner, two-time RITA winner, and a recipient of the prestigious Library Journal Award. Tamera and her husband recently returned to her Southern roots and now make their home in Nashville. Visit her website at www.tameraalexander.com Facebook:tamera.alexander Twitter: @tameraalexander

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...