Thursday, May 28, 2015

Love Arrives in Pieces by Betsy St. Amant

If you would like a relaxing and cozy read for an afternoon under the shade tree this would be a great selection. It is after reading an excerpt from "All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes", that I realize it is in this selection that these characters first make an appearance. 

It was the cover that caught my attention. It's romantic with a sweet sensation. This was a quick read for me. I enjoyed the characters and their interactions with one another. Betsy brings us a novel on the subject of divorce and loss. This is something near to her heart as the reader can understand in her dedication. This is what I love. Betsy writes what she knows and she brings hope, redemption, and grace alive through the characters she has created from a passionate heart. 

Although Betsy writes about the trials of these characters this isn't a deep novel. It's one of hope and one that made me smile. We see God's perfect timing. When these characters thought that all was a loss God showed that there was more and this is where we see these characters take flight on a journey that makes the heart feel light and free of sadness over the past because they know without a doubt that God is a part of their future. 

In many ways Betsy's writing style is whimsy and fresh all the while dealing with heartache. This can come only from knowing that through life's trials come beauty. This is what I see Betsy portraying and sharing with her readers. 

The title is a perfect fit for this novel! I too love pondering the thought of how God brings us sweetness one piece at a time. I loved the relationship between the sisters. I love the surprise of old love becoming new. There's much about this novel that was sweet and tender. I now want to go back and read, "All's Fair in Love and Cupcakes"!

This novel was a gift from Zondervan for sharing my review with you. 

Betsy St. Amant lives in Louisiana with her young daughter and has a heart for sharing the amazing news of God's grace through her novels. A freelance journalist, Betsy is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers. When she's not reading, writing, or singing along to a Disney soundtrack with her daughter, Betsy enjoys inspirational speaking and teaching on the craft of writing. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...