Thursday, January 15, 2015

Praying God's Word (Breaking Free From Spiritual Strongholds) by Beth Moore

Beth Moore absolutely ROCKS! Seriously, I have so many of her books and studies that with each and every one I walk away more intimate in my walk with Christ, know more about Him, the Word, and myself. This godly woman is on fire for Christ and she is sharing everything she knows. She's that girl next door you wanna have coffee with every morning. You want to sit in her classroom and see her face to face. But what's cool about Beth's studies is that's how you feel! You feel like your friends. Like your sharing coffee and Jesus is the most precious gift you have in common. 

I love Beth because she's real. She isn't trying to be someone else. She is living as the woman God created her to be. She shares personal stories and connects to women simply by being herself. She's inviting, warm, and writes in a way that you simply can't get enough. 

Praying God's Word was released in 2009. Like I have shared many times before, Beth's writing is timeless. It's for every woman in every season of life. I have this book in paperback. It also comes in hardback. Follow the links and you can also check out all the other books penned by Beth. 

This book holds such valuable life lessons. There are fifteen chapters on just about every subject possible:
  • Overcoming Idolatry
  • Overcoming Unbelief
  • Overcoming Pride
  • Overcoming Deception
  • Overcoming The Insecurity of Feeling Unloved
  • Overcoming Feelings of Rejection
  • Overcoming Addiction
  • Overcoming Food-Related Strongholds
  • Overcoming Ongoing Feelings of Guilt
  • Overcoming Despair Resulting From Loss
  • Overcoming Unforgiveness
  • Overcoming Depression
  • Overcoming Sexual Strongholds
  • Overcoming The Enemy
  • Chapter 15 Now It's Your Turn!
  • Notes

Beth touches subjects many are afraid to speak on, but Beth is able to relate because she too has faced these battles and has been able to OVERCOME! We can overcome all because Jesus has already won the victory. What Beth does is gives us great tools and leads us directly to scripture!

Okay, this book would be worth purchasing if you just read the introduction alone. I could relate in someway in some level to each of these chapters. My favorite chapter, which also happens to be the longest is, Overcoming Despair Resulting From Loss. My best friend is doing through a loss. Her son was killed by a drunk driver. I read this chapter and she came to mind over and over again. As I read I just continued to pray God's Word over my friend. That's exactly what Beth does for us. In the beginning of each chapter she shares on the subject and then the entire chapter is scripture on that chapter's subject. Beth doesn't just give us scripture. She teaches us how to make it personal and how to pray God's Word in an intimate way. 

This beautiful book will be a gift to my hurting friend. I have shared Beth's books and her words with my friend over these last few months and it has been a tremendous blessing to her. This book would make for a perfect gift. A great study for your Sunday school class or even just a small group study. And yes, simply by yourself as I did. Beth always encourages to open your own Bible and seek God's Word. 

She too shares many quotes and stories about others facing these circumstances and just how God gave them the victory of overcoming. We learn how to overcome the strongholds in our life. This is a book you can't pass up. One to keep upon your shelf to go back to over and over again. 

This book was a gift from B&H Publishing Group for sharing my review with you. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...