Monday, January 5, 2015

Bringing My Best This New Year

A new year has arrived. I am a winter girl. A snowman creating girl who loves everything blanketed in white. A new year brings forth such hope. Such ponderings for me. 

What to do with this new year is in question. My pondering brings me to something very simple. This year I want nothing less than to bring forth my best. 

I've learned to live one moment at a time. Humble and gracious in each moment. To embrace whatever that moment may hold. For God's treasures are found in the most unexpected places. This year I want nothing less than to bring forth my best. I want to look beyond myself and allow God to destroy every fear that holds me back from experiencing all of Him. 

No spotlight is needed. No accolades to applaud. I want nothing to be about me, but everything to be about Him. I simply want to live in such a way that everything, every word and action brings glory to my Jesus. God understands my shortcomings. But He deserves nothing less than my best.

"Mankind, He has told you what is good and what it is the Lord requires of you: to act justly, to love faithfulness, and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8

I want to dream big. Bigger than every before. I want to expect extraordinary. Yes, I want to be ready to see and open to hearing. I'm ready to step out of my box. No more limiting myself and especially no limiting God. I'm ready to soak in everything He has for me. 

I don't want to compare myself to others. Certainly don't want to be like anyone else. Believe me, that's a huge life lesson that takes a lifetime to grasp. I want to be the best Robin Prater I can be. That means letting go of others expectations of me and embracing all of what the Lord is has set aside just for me. Isn't that amazing? Each of us are so unique that He has set forth a plan for each of us and as we come into our own, being ourselves, allowing the Spirit to move through us, we can come together, each one separate, but together, completing the mission He has for us! If you ask me, that's pretty spectacular!

I want to do more of everything. Most of all I want to live extraordinary! I want my heart to be a sanctuary for God. Love, grace, and mercy pouring out from all that I am. I want to be that new woman, renewed and restored, vowing to give all of myself. Yes, living intentional and giving all of myself. My best is yet to come with Jesus making me new each and every morning.

"I will praise You because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, and I know this very well. My bones were not hidden from You when I was made in secret, when i was formed in the depths of the earth. You eyes saw me when I was formless; all my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began." Psalm 139:14-16

"Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way." Psalm 139:23-24




AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...