Thursday, December 18, 2014

To Write A Wrong by Robin Caroll

Wow! I cannot say that enough. I had started the series with, "Injustice For All", (take a peek at my review). It blew me away. Now I have read, "To Write A Wrong", and I have finished the third book in the series, "Strand of Deception". This has been one amazing series. Robin Caroll is outstanding! I'm so excited that I found her work and can't wait to continue reading her previous novels and catch up. 

We get to follow along with the Baxter family. In this novel we get to know Riley Baxter. Caroll writes in such a way that when you put the book down you feel as though you have found a new friend. She writes with such heart that she allows you to truly care about the characters. 

I loved and admired both of the main characters, Riley Baxter and Hayden Simpson. They stand for truth and are such determined people. They go beyond themselves and reach out to help others, whether it's family, as in Hayden's case, or total strangers, as in Riley's case. These two come together in a way that leaves the reader wanting to see more of them. Their story can only intensify. I just loved it!

In the story line we see Riley struggle with forgiveness. Hayden carries a load from his past, but his present is overtaken by always taking care of others. He feels responsible for being there for others. I think most readers can relate to both of these characters. I love it when a writer pushes me to ponder and especially when I can walk away with a challenge. Riley's character challenged me. Her family faced such devastating realities and she shows us there is a better way than bitterness. 

This was another novel that I didn't want to put down. The story has great fluidity and Caroll does a fantastic job at keeping the reader intrigued. Something I loved in this novel was how important family is. How important it is to come together and be there for one another. 

Riley is a writer and she is working hard to further her career. She gets the chance of a lifetime to write a story that people are going to notice. A front page kind of story. She is hit with a question that knocks her for a loop. She's asked the reason she wants to help in a situation. Is it to further her career or is it to truly help another no matter the cost? This was huge for me and a question for every heart. Our motivation for reaching out should be because of nothing less than love. 

Stay tuned for the final review of book three. If you enjoy suspense, romance and faith all intertwined you are going to love this series! Yes, each of these could be stand alones, but reading them as a series is going to give you so much more joy! 

Happy Reading!

This novel was a gift from B&H Publishing Group for sharing my review with you. 

Robin Caroll has authored twelve previous books including the Holt Medallion Award of Merit winner, Deliver Us From Evil. She gives back to the writing community by serving as Conference Director for American Christian Fiction Writers. A proud southerner, Robin lives with her husband, three daughters, and two precious grandsons in Arkansas.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...