Friday, November 7, 2014

David (90 Days With A Heart Like His) by Beth Moore

This signature series is simply amazing! I began the series studying, "Paul". (Check out my review). I was blown away by that study and had to see what the others held. There are four in all. Paul, David, John, and Jesus. I received the study of, "David", and was once again in awe of the book I held in my hands. 

Not only are these studies beautiful, they behold a wonderment that takes the reader on a personal journey of deep growth. In this case with the study of David, Beth takes our hand and heart and we travel together to growing a heart more like His. 

This study of David was intimate. We begin the study in 1 Samuel. We move to 2 Samuel and touch on many Psalms that correlate to the lesson and David's words. We take our journey through 1 Chronicles and end with Jeremiah. Beth doesn't take us verse by verse through every book I've mentioned, but she does share a valuable amount of scripture. Each study begins with the scripture for the lesson. Beth shares a few questions to ponder. I can tell you that these are deep questions that if enough time is given by the reader, opens the heart and allows the Spirit to speak. The lessons are one to two pages long and Beth ends each lesson with a beautiful prayer that is brought out with scripture. I love how she takes the scripture and teaches us to make it personal. 

This is a study for 90 days. You could easily begin each morning with study. End your day with study or just simply open it up and travel your way through any way you like. In doing a review it's hard to take 90 days, but I made my entire way through this study and feel that I know David as I've never known him before. 

We simply journey through the life of David. We see his moments of splendor where blessings flowed and those in which he was crying out to God. I loved this study. It brought me closer to truly understanding that Jesus loves me. He just loves me. It's nothing I do. I could never earn His love. I could never be perfect. What I can do is simply give Him my all, my heart, my love and with that blessings will surly flow from a God who is in total control of my life. 

I love how Beth teaches. She just makes everything personal. She brought David to life within these pages and encouraged me to dig deeper and to know him even more. As each lesson begins Beth gives us the scripture for the lesson, but what I really love is that she allows us to go as deep as we want. She meets us right where we are and takes us as far as we want to travel. This is a study I greatly suggest to those who love studying the Word. If you have read, A Heart Like His, this study will be familiar to you. But one that you will enjoy immensely. 

This study was a gift from B&H Publishing Group for sharing my review with you. 

Beth Moore is a writer and teacher of best-selling books and Bible studies whose public speaking engagements carry her all over the United States. A dedicated wife and mother of two adult daughters, Moore lives in Houston, Texas, where she is president and founder of Living Proof Ministries.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...