Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Moved by The Spirit

Can you picture the apostles walking along, side by side, talking with Jesus? It's a lovely portrait to capture in the heart. Oh, the expressions upon their faces, shining with joy, as the Savior shares story after story. While the sun is hot upon them they are engaged in conversation. The laughter they must have shared in the cool of the night. The meals they feasted on together, no matter how small or great, gave opportunity to grow even closer together. Fishing wasn't just for fun, but life lessons for them to carry as they would come to share the gospel with the world. I can clearly see them pondering thought and asking questions that stirred the heart. Jesus in His patience answering each one in perfect time. 

Do you ever wonder what it was like for them to sit with Jesus? The Savior and the apostles, friends, brothers, family. Jesus' hands reaching out to them to follow Him. Arms wrapped around one another in love and friendship. All different, each with their own gifts, coming together to walk with Jesus. I can picture friends sitting along the sand bank, stepping out on the water sandal free. Brothers seeing who can skip the farthest rock. 

Pondering what it must have been for them makes my heart yearn to walk with Jesus. Someday heaven will open up and embrace us to do the same. We will walk with our Savior. Oh, the wonders we shall experience together. Can you imagine? 

They had the Savior walking in step with them. I imagine after a time they knew what His step sounded like. They would know if He entered a room. They knew His scent by heart. His touch upon their shoulder brought great comfort. Do you think they joked with one another? I can see them encouraging one another as they traveled the roads with dusty feet. 

As I wonder what it must have been like I can't help but wonder if they would want to be in our shoes. We have not seen our Savior's face. We have yet to feel His embrace. Our feet aren't dusty from travel with Him from city to city. We are blessed to experience Jesus in a different way. We look forward to heaven, but we cannot forget that He is with us today. His Spirit is within us. We are soul to soul with our Savior. You can't get any closer than that. He is with us morning, noon, and night. Where I go, He goes. He knows my innermost thoughts. He knows the words that sit upon my tongue before they are spoken. I cannot enter into a room without Him right there with me. Side by side, me and my Savior. The Holy Spirit lives within us. He is our gift. A gift upon receiving Jesus as Savior. At that very moment the Spirit moves within us and fills us whole. The Spirit falls upon our heart, deep within our soul we can feel Him. Hear His voice? Feel His comfort? There is power in His strength. Wisdom shared in moments of glory. 

Can you hear Him say, "Child, look! Look at My glory?" He encourages us to open our eyes to see all He has for us and inspires us to open our ears to hear His voice. He is there to guard us with His hedge of protection. He warns us against steps that will bring us harm. He is there to help us overcome temptation. "You can do it, My child." 

Imagine the love of our Savior to leave us with this precious and holy gift. He goes before my step. He stands guard over my heart. He keeps me still as I feel His presence with me. When I want to lash out in anger He is there to quiet me. If I only listen. 

He never leaves us. Never. When we walk into sin He doesn't check Himself at the door. He walks with us. Can you hear Him? He's telling us to remember who we are. We are children of the King of kings, Lord of lords. We are redeemed by His blood. There is nothing we cannot do without Him. He encourages our steps. He opens doors and brings opportunity. When we have sinned He is there to convict our heart. Not to condemn us, but to bring us back to Him. Can you hear Him? "Watch out! Please, dear child, don't go there.

The Holy Spirit pours Himself out within me moment by moment. I am never alone. That is comforting.  It is so encouraging to know wherever I step He is with me. My God spot is filled and forever engaging with me. I have learned His voice. Sweet words that sooth when anxiety hits me. Fatherly words to keep me from evil. Whether in the quiet of the day or when I'm surrounded with noise, His voice is always present. 

Whether I am faced with battle, trial, or blessing, the Spirit is there with me to experience every moment! Just think about that. That should bring joy and peace to the heart of the one who has received Jesus.We are God's vessel as the Spirit moves us. We obey His voice. We are comforted even though trouble lingers. We trust the Lord as we know that His Spirit is within us.

As I go about my day I have conversations with my Lord. I open my heart to hear His voice. When I'm broken I hear Him wash me with words of promise and healing. When I am struggling with sin I feel Him move in me, guarding me, protecting me, motivating me to follow Him. He leads me out of trouble. He makes way for me to have precious moments with Him in prayer. He is my strength and my courage. All I must say is His name and He's there. Jesus, sweet Jesus.

"And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever. He is the Spirit of truth. The world is unable to receive Him because it doesn't see Him or know Him. But you do know Him, because He remains with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans; I am coming to you." 
John 14:16-18

"I have spoken these things to you while I remain with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit-the Father will send Him in My name-will teach you all things and remind you of everything I have told you." 
John 14:25-26

"Don't you know that your body is a sanctuary of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God in your body." 
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...