Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Morning Dew Feet

As I was walking through the morning grass I realized my feet were now wet from the dew. My toes were now covered with green. 

My heart was now churning in full speed. I knew there was a lesson to uncover. I was just waiting for my morning brain to catch up. And there it was. The lesson!

Whatever my hands and feet touch it is sure to cover me. 

"God, create a clean heart for me and renew a steadfast spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

As I looked down at my dirty feet I noticed the clover sprinkled with dew. Each clover holding three little hearts. Glory caught in my throat. Tears were ready to escape. I knew the Spirit was moving in me. I had not been paying close attention to where my feet were stepping. 

"Therefore, since we also have such a large cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily snares us. Let us run with endurance the race that lies before us, keeping our eyes on Jesus, the source and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that lay before Him endured a cross and despised the shame and has sat down at the right hand of God's throne." Hebrews 12:1-2

"Therefore, be imitators of God, as dearly loved children. And walk in love, as the Messiah also loved us and gave Himself for us, a sacrificial and fragrant offering to God." Ephesians 5:1-2

By the time I entered the house and made my way through the living room to the kitchen the floor was now touched by my path of green. Every footprint left a little bit of my outside step. Oh, boy, what if I'd have stepped in something stinky. Ewe! 

I washed my feet and now was backtracking in cleaning up my mess. 

Isn't this so true in our daily walk? If we walk in fragrant flowers how sweet the smell that follows. The trail we leave behind sets a path for others to adore. We take a step in dirt and it isn't worth sharing. 

Jesus was there to give of Himself for days like this. Days we would lose track of our step. But there before us is redemption. He cleans our feet to set us on the right path. 

We are always washing our hands. We don't want to spread germs. We don't want to attach dirt to the clean before us. What about our heart? Shouldn't we be making sure our heart is clean? Somehow we forget. We ignore. We become tragically stagnant and we don't notice what has become unclean. 

We wouldn't sit down to dinner with dirty hands. We wouldn't walk into our friend's home with dirty shoes. Why don't we take as much care with our heart? 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take." Proverbs 3:5-6

"Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life." Proverbs 4:23

It is so important for us to guard our heart, mind, and soul. We need to be aware of what we are allowing into our lives. What touches us, touches the heart. What we allow into the mind overflows into the heart. What we live touches the lives of others. 

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me-everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:8-9



AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...