Tuesday, September 16, 2014

I shall Be Near To You by Erin Lindsay McCabe

Wow!! This is McCabe's debut novel!! Debut! Girl, you ROCK!! The cover is beautiful and telling. I absolutely loved this novel. I want to read more from this writer. Excellence!! 

I think I experienced every emotion possible. The writing is superb. I couldn't read fast enough. Once I began reading I knew I was going to love Rosetta. A character that embodies love, strength, and beauty. Rosetta is a woman to be honored and treasured. 

If you enjoy historical fiction this is a selection for you. McCabe takes us back in time to the Civil War. We often read and hear about the men of the Civil War, but not much about the women. McCabe highlights the women of this time and brings us to look back with praise and honor. 

This is one of those beautiful stories that belongs on the big screen. McCabe gives a writing portrait that creates a wonderful glimpse into another time and place. She gives the reader the gift of visualizing Rosetta's life. We feel her emotion. Her anger is real. Her love is passionate. What an inspiring novel!

This book was a gift from Crown Publishing Group for sharing my review with you. 

Erin Lindsay McCabe studied literature at the University of California, Santa Cruz, and taught high school English before completing her MFA at St. Mary's College of California in 2010. She has taught composition at St. Mary's and Butte College and resides in Northern California with her husband and son and a small menagerie that includes one dog, four cats, two horses, ten chickens, and three goats. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...