Friday, April 18, 2014

Flight of the Earls by Michael K. Reynolds

"Flight of the Earls"  is an extraordinary journey into the past. Every so often I have the pleasure of reading an unforgettable book. You know those books. They stick with you forever. You share them with friends. You walk away feeling blessed that you were gifted to turn the pages into another time and place. 

Michael K. Reynolds is an outstanding storyteller. Within the first few pages I was completely captivated. He gives a vivid portrait of the lives of the characters. He doesn't just share the surroundings or circumstance. He shares their heart. He opens us up to being moved by extremely rare characters. I think his writing style is exquisite. 

I was moved by this story. Stories within a story. This is a sweet gift to the reader. I connected with the characters and felt as though I knew them. Clare Hanley captured my heart and held it in her hands throughout the story. 

This is a story of hardship and redemption. A story of new beginnings and finding one's self not in the eyes of another, but in the eyes of the One who created us. The characters leave behind everything to enter into a new homeland. Possibilities are endless, but circumstance changes everything. 

I am a lover of historical fiction and this is one of the best! I felt honored to read this story. Immigrant America is not what these characters expected. Home is a place they complained about, but as they find out, home is where the heart is. Reading these richly penned words was a sweet journey and one that I cannot wait to continue with as I reach for the next book in the series. 

This novel was a gift from B&H Publishing for sharing my review with you. 

Michael Reynolds is the writers and producer of Emmy and Telly Award-winning film campaigns with more than two decades of experience in fiction, journalism, copywriting, and documentary production. He owns marketing agency Global Studio and is also an active leader in church and business, speaking in both ministry and corporate settings. Michael lives with his wife and three children in Reno, Nevada. 

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...