Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Book of Days written by James L. Rubart

"Book of Days" is spectacular! James Rubart is a favorite author of mine. He has a style of writing that draws the reader in to the unknown. Once I begin reading one of his books I am swept away into another place. I continue to turn pages in complete anticipation. I trust him to give me a story that will remain in my ponderings for days to come. He is one of those writers who takes you for a roller coaster ride. You have no idea where your going, but  you know the ride is going to be exhilarating. 

In "The Book of Days", James Rubart begins with this scripture: "All my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began." Psalm 139:16 So, that gives you the premise for the story line, but Rubart's storytelling is masterful. This book was not only an unputdownable for me, but left me pondering many questions about my own walk with the Lord.

So, if you could see this 'book' and know your today and everything in your future, would you want to know? Would we use it for good or would we use it for our purposes to control and change things to suit our own wants and desires? Many questions. For me, I wouldn't want to know. Walking away from this book makes me wonder how much time we spend looking for proof, spending time in what if and if only. If we could only learn to live in today and live each moment with extreme gratefulness and grace, we wouldn't always be searching for a better or different tomorrow.  

This book contains a little bit of everything. You will not be disappointed by this choice. The only book from Rubart that I have yet to read is, "Rooms", and that is next on my list!!

This book was a gift from B&H Publishing for sharing my review with you. 

James L. Rubart is a professional marketer, speaker, and writer. He serves on the board of the Northwest Christian Writers Association and lives with his wife and sons in Seattle, Washington.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...