Monday, February 10, 2014

Anticipation for Your Arrival

A few days ago I watched a beautiful documentary on the Amish who decide to leave their family home and travel onward experiencing a life of Christ in a new way. As the program came to a close fresh tears formed and fell. 

One particular young man explained that the Amish set a place at the table for those who are not present. No one sits at their place. This empty chair doesn't go unnoticed, but is there, set and prepared, in anticipation of their return. 

Picture a table set by the Savior. Your name is beautifully written for your place setting. He knows your favorites and has prepared the very best for you. He has sent out your invitation with anticipation of your RSVP. He knows exactly what it's going to take to get you there. The journey may be long, but your travels will not be made alone. 

He hasn't just invited a few. He has invited all to join Him. 

"In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." John 14:2

He has already set a place for you! Don't you see? He is awaiting your RSVP to join Him for the dinner of all dinners. The gathering of all of God's people. There's room for everyone. 

"Incline your ear, and come to Me. Hear, and your soul shall live; And I will make an everlasting covenant with you. The sure mercies of David." Isaiah 55:3

He is calling. He is preparing. He is awaiting. 

He knows your place setting is empty. He isn't giving up hope of your arrival. Even more so, He is eager for you to join Him as this great buffet of ever lasting life. After all, He chose us!! 

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved." Ephesians 1:3-6

Picture our Father in heaven creating a list before the foundations of this world were created. He has His book open and has written your name down to be His guest. You are to receive a great inheritance. He has created you and knows your entire life. He has everything planned just for you as if you were His only child. 

"For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all are written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them." Psalm 139:13-16

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Everything has been planned. We don't know the date of this wondrous party, but our seat is prepared. He is patiently awaiting our reply. He doesn't want us to miss what He has created just for us. He wants no name blotted from His book of life. Doesn't this change things for you? It does me. To know that our Savior loved me so much, He prepared for my life in advance. He wrote my name down in hopes that I would reply and send in my RSVP. Mine is signed, sealed and delivered. I await in great anticipation. What about you? Don't miss out. Your seat is open. Your loved so highly, that He has set a place for you. 

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance incorruptible and undefiled and that does not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are kept to be revealed in the last time." 1 Peter 1:3-5

"In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of the truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory." Ephesians 1:13-14


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...