Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Lone Star Trail (A Morgan Family Series Book 1) by Darlene Franklin

Lone Star Trail is the first book in a six book series. Something I find fascinating is that the books are written by different authors. A series that isn't a must to read in order, but for me, I always feel the need to begin with the first book. 

This was a quick read for me. Darlene gives great insight on what life was like in Texas during the 1800's when life was about settling and calling land your own. This book is about finding your place in an area being settled by many coming from new lands. It is about accepting others and letting go of prejudices

Faith and romance play a part in this novel, but for me I mostly took away lessons of giving people a chance. Not looking at others with anger or resentment just because they are different, but accepting them as they are and possibly learning from them and helping us to become more aware and inviting for others to see Christ in us.

There is a new German movement in Texas. This is something about our history that is quite new to me. I love learning interesting facts and broadening my knowledge of history. Darlene does a wonderful job at allowing us to be a part of the characters portrayed in this first book of the series. 

This book was a gift from Moody Publishing for sharing my review with you. 

Darlene Franklin is an award-winning author of fourteen books and novellas, two of which have been finalists in American Christian Fiction Writers' Book of the Year contest. Darlene recently returned to cowboy country-Oklahoma! www.darlenefranklinwrites.blogspot.com

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...