Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Are You Ready To Learn?

Oh, how I wish I could go back to school. Yes, I am that geeky girl who loves to learn. Gimme a book and my nose is in it. I'd love to sit in a classroom again. But, wait. I am in a classroom. This earth is my university. My Jesus is my Teacher. This life is a lesson. I can pay attention. I can choose to participate. I too can take the option that I know it all and try to do it on my own. Remember that saying, "I wish I knew then what I know now?" Yep, that's me. I wish now I could go back to school and do it all over again. Oh sure, I think I would apply myself and do great, but on the other hand I too could repeat my same old mistakes of thinking I knew it all and didn't need to pay attention. 

I have learned the hard way on many lessons in my life. Stubborn could be my middle name. Now, before high school, I was a straight A student. Even as a freshman I was a great student, but then it was as though my common sense just left me and I chose to do things I knew were wrong. But they seemed fun at the time. Those fun things soon turned into consequences I didn't want to own up to. Yes, that's part of growing up. Oh, how I wish I would have listened to the wisdom of others, but I chose to do it my way. Don't listen to Frank's advice on doing it his way. Doing it my way is what got me into trouble. 

Everything. Every choice. Every action. Every word spoken. It's all pass or fail. There are days I soar with an A and then I have days where I know I have a failing grade. But Jesus knows the lessons in front of me. He has them planned out and has guided me. What a Mentor we have. But I don't always listen to my Jesus. His instructions are given, but many times they are ignored. 

"Consider it a great joy, my brothers, whenever you experience various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do its complete work, so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing. Now if any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives to all generously and without criticizing, and it will be given to him." James 1:2-5

Our faith gives creates endurance. We are an unfinished work. A work in constant progress. Oh, it may seem that we are stagnant at times, but no, the Lord is always at work in us. Even in those who do not know Him yet. He is moving and creating in their life of unbelief to bring them to a life of faith. One in which they are perfected through Christ. 

He is teaching me daily to depend on Him and Him alone. He provides for me. Every need I have is within my reach when I call upon the Lord. Even my biggest dreams bring me to learn more of Him as I seek Him for the right path. There is nothing in this life that goes to waste. He gives us the ability to persevere. 

I don't want my life to be unacceptable to my Lord. I want to be used of Him. I want to walk this journey with Him teaching me all the way. I'm no longer that young girl who thinks she knows it all. I am becoming the woman who calls upon my Jesus for wisdom. Wisdom and knowledge go hand in hand. I can't have one without the other. As the knowledge is right in front of me, I must have the wisdom to know what to do with it. 

"I want their hearts to be encouraged and joined together in love, so that they may have all the riches of assured understanding and have the knowledge of God's mystery-Christ. All the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Him." Colossians 2:2-3

There are hidden treasures everywhere. Lessons to be learned at every turn. He is forever preparing us for tomorrow. Those lessons of yesterday are not by coincidence. There is purpose in everything and yes, even in our greatest mistakes, God can make beauty from our ash. Everything in life is connected. It is these lessons that make us who He has created us to be. I'm not to be someone else. I am to be the very best Robin Prater I can be and through Jesus I can find everything I need to soar. 

"Get wisdom, get understanding; don't forget or turn away from the words of my mouth. Don't abandon wisdom, and she will watch over you; love her, and she will guard you. Wisdom is supreme-so get wisdom. And whatever else you get, get understanding." Proverbs 4:5-7



AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...