Monday, November 11, 2013

A Confident Heart Devotional by Renee Swope

If you have read, "A Confident Heart", you know the blessings that flow when Renee Swope opens her heart, becomes transparent and shares her own journey. This added devotional is the same. You get an extra dose of blessings. Being subtitled, "60 Days To Stop Doubting Yourself", you see that this is a 60 day devotional. This book graced my life at the perfect time. I think it's more than a devotional. It's more of a journey. In Renee's opening words she shares this, "Over the past several years, God has been changing me and rearranging me, using His Word and His unconditional love to lead me to what I call God-fidence. It's a deep-down soul-security that has little to do with what we do or don't have but everything to do with all God is and all that He offers us each day." 

You could read this as a devotional. For me, I have enjoyed just sitting down and just soaking in these powerful words for a few hours an afternoon. Just this morning I read this words, "Yet, like this rosebush, we had reached the fullness of His glory in our current soil. We were ready to be divided so that His glory would be more fully displayed as He planted each of us uniquely and individually in new places of ministry." These words were so very poignant to me. After leaving my home church almost two years ago I have carried many hurts that have yet to heal. These words literally have set me on the edge of my seat in anticipation to see just what God is up to. 

This devotional is one that carries words of healing and brings a new attitude of walking in God-fidence

-When I start to measure my value by how well I am doing as a _____ (mom, wife, woman, friend, etc.), then I will thank God for the gift of my roles and for the gift of His unconditional love that determines my worth. 

-When I feel insecure about my position at work, church, or somewhere else, then I will thank God for the high or low position I have on earth and for my position in Christ that secures my significance forever.

-When I feel an aching emptiness that I'm tempted to fill with food, television, or anything other than God, then I will thank God for being the strength of my heart and my portion forever-and remember that He is the One who satisfies the hunger and thirst of my soul. 

After each devotional Renee shares a When I say and When God says:

When I say: I feel like damaged goods. 

God says: You are royalty to Me. 

You will be a crown of splendor in the Lord's hand, a royal diadem in the hand of your God. (Isa. 62:3)

This is one of those extraordinary gems that continues to bless. I enjoyed this book. It's a keeper for sure. One that carries many highlighted areas that I will come back to again and again. This would make a wonderful gift. It could be an added teaching tool in your class. Most of all it's one it's a journey into healing. 

This book was a gift from Revell for sharing my review with you. 

Renee Swope is a popular national women's conference speaker, radio show co-host, and the executive director of radio and devotions at Proverbs 31 Ministries. She is the author of A Confident Heart and a contributing author to three books, including a Gold Medallion finalist and a Retailer's Choice Award finalist, as well as several online and print magazines. Renee is featured writer for Encouragement for Today, online devotions that currently touch over 450,000 lives each day across the world. She lives in North Carolina with her husband and three children. Find out more at www.reneeswope.com.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...