Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Soap and A Prayer

Over the weekend my husband and I were out and about for the day. We traveled upon a man who was selling handmade soaps. This is something we love and once at his station we began looking at all the different soaps he had made. We purchased a few. As we were walking away my husband says to me, "Hon, did you see his necklace?" Of course I didn't. I wasn't paying much attention to his attire. I was amazed at the soaps that sat before me. I share that I didn't see it. 

Now, my husband is the man who notices everything. He is super observant and is trying to teach me to be aware of my surroundings. Yes, I am that girl that goes about in a lolly gag sort of way. Oh, I pay attention, but it's more bracelets, shoes, and purses that catch my eye. Which is makes his request for me to be more aware of the people around me spot on. 

So, we travel back around to his shop and it's then I see his necklace. It was the star of Satan. My husband is sure this man is a Satanist. I remove his card from our bag and check out his site. Sure enough. He is just that and more. 

I am so glad my husband didn't just take my hand and gently guide me away from this man. You know why? Because after seeing his necklace and taking a look at his site I was convicted to pray for him. Each and every time I pick up my new soaps I pray for this man. I intercede on his behalf. That wasn't just a meeting by chance. Not at all. That was a divine meeting from our Savior. Jesus knows this man. He knows his heart. He knows his actions. Praise Jesus, that doesn't stop our Savior from loving him. 

I am trying to walk in grace. The old Robin would have put the soap down and walked away from this man. I now know that there are no chance meetings. God has perfect timing. He opens our eyes to the evils around us. He may even have us stay clear of them and not invite them into our lives. But friends, there is no power in the beliefs that this man has. Jesus calls us to pray for our fellow man. 

Since Saturday I have prayed deeply for this man's soul. There is nothing more powerful than our mighty God. Just what if there were more people who noticed this man's necklace? Just what if there were many. Can you imagine all of heaven moving as many pray for this man? If not many, the prayers of one our just as mighty! Just another reminder for me not to limit my God. To allow Him to move through me. To be a willing vessel for the Lord. Friends, there are people dying every single day. These are people we can reach through the power of prayer. 

Friends, I am sharing this because this was very powerful to me. It reminded me to be more aware. It convicted me to pray for those who do not know the Lord. I don't know this man's story. He could have known the Lord as a child and turned away. He may have not grown up in a Christian home. His life may have been one tragedy after another. It could be he is just a man making troubling decisions. Although I do not know his story, the Lord knows him by name. 

"This is the most important, Jesus answered: Listen Israel! The Lord our God, the Lord is One. Love the Lord your God will all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no other command greater than these." Mark 12:29-31

"If sinners be damned, at least let them leap to Hell over our bodies. If they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees. Let no one go there unwarned and unprayed for."  Charles H. Spurgeon

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...