Wednesday, October 30, 2013

No Mummy Clothes Here

What do you picture when you think of a believer in Christ? I picture myself as a girl running with joy. Life beating with a joy unexplained. A girl covered in grace and walking in forgiveness. I see myself clothed in God's mercy. Slow to judge and quick to forgive. Love overflowing. Opportunities seen and jumping in full of faith. I see a girl who is giving and inviting. One who speaks softly with words that have been passed onto my lips from heaven. A cheerleader for God. A girl on fire for the Lord. One who wants to share Him in everything. I picture a tender heart. Compassion flowing endlessly. Effervescently living for the Lord in each and every moment. 

Yes, this is the girl I long to be. But this is the girl I fall short of being. I try. There are days I soar, but, oh mercy, too many of my days are spent just clothed as a mummy. Walking dead. Looking straight ahead with no vision of glory or greatness. Just going through the motions.  

See, I want to live with an unclouded spirit. I want to see everything in front of me as an opportunity to live out my faith. I want to touch this earth with a heart of grace. Fingerprints of love on everything I touch. I want to escape the mummy clothes that bind me to self. I want to be transparent and expose myself to a world in need. A world that doesn't need anymore of self, but a girl willing to give self up so the Lord can build, mold and create, not only in my life, but in the lives that surround me. 

I don't want to live a life of what if. I don't want to see opportunities unused and untouched. I desire to be a light. I want to move in such a way that I dance for the Lord. Oh, how my heart is there, but my flesh is weak. I allow anger and bitterness to overshadow the grace and mercy my heart holds. The earth quakes and too many times I stand in fear of falling in the gaping holes of failure. The unknown terrifies me. I want to trust. I want to leap in faith. I want to jump across those gaping holes with the beauty and grace of a gazelle, wild in nature, but tamed in heart. I want to live unafraid of what is to come. Ready to grasp a hold of what is right now and seek the reasons why and trust with an unfailing adventure to know more of the God who gave all for me. 

I wait for others to lead. I wait for others to walk with me. Aren't you finished with waiting? I know I am. I want to follow the leading of my Lord. I want to kiss this earth with His mighty love. No more waiting. No more questioning failure. I am ready. Are you? Let's take off the mummy clothes. Let's stop going through the motions. I want to live intentional. Determined. Never giving up when things get difficult. But facing all that has held me back. Today is the day I lay down those mummy clothes. No more just walking through life. I am making a choice today to live without fear and regret. I am losing these clothes of bondage and I am taking my life back by giving it to my Jesus. 

I want to be like Jesus and sit with sinners. I want to see people not with a clouded, disillusioned, judgmental heart, but one that sees the child God has created for greatness. I want to live unafraid of what others think. Simply put, I just want to be the me God created me to be. I know that's more than what I've been living. Join me today and remove every hindrance that is holding you back. Deliverance comes when we fully trust in the Lord who came to save. 

"Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

"He persevered because he saw him who is invisible." Hebrews 11:27

“For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.” Galatians 5:1

“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...