Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Don't Leave Me

How many times have you cried out to God, "Don't leave me here, Lord. Don't leave me"? I have tearfully moaned these words to Him many times. Late at night when panic overcomes me I cry out to Him, "Please Lord, please don't leave me here". When difficult times assault us we don't want to face them alone. 

There were many times that I was sick while pregnant with our youngest child. I was so frightened, but just having my husband near gave me peace. Just his hand gently folded around mine brought calm. I have faced ER visits with migraines and panic attacks that shook me to the core. What helped me through was knowing my husband was right next to me. Surgeries have been part of my life. I have never been alone in one single surgery I have faced. My husband has been with me every step of the way. He has carried me in the door when I couldn't walk. He has fed me when I was too weak to hold a fork. This sweet and tender man isn't big on words. It's not his words that have carried me through. It's his actions that have helped me to face my biggest obstacles with courage. 

Just having someone near makes all the difference when we are facing a trial. 

Over the weekend I was readying to drive my granddaughter home. It was extremely hot outside. I had my arms full and one hand holding Pip as we walked down the deck steps. I loaded the truck, but then realized I needed to start the truck before allowing Pip to crawl in her car seat, which was sure to be hot. We walked over to the drivers side and I said, "Just stay right here while Nanny starts the truck". Before I could get the truck started Pip cries out, "Nanny, don't leave without me." I felt my heart stop. I jumped out of the truck and grabbed her up in my arms and said, "Oh, baby girl, Nanny would never leave you behind." She sat on my lap as I started the truck and we let it cool off before she got in her seat. 

That's all she needed. Reassurance. She wanted to feel safe. Just knowing Nanny was near and she wasn't going to be left alone. 

There are times we feel stranded. Alone. Desperate. Scared. Have you been there too? There are times when someone isn't always near us. But friend, we must never feel alone. Not ever are we alone when we know Jesus as our Savior. Our Lord is always near. All we must do is call out His name. He is never leaving us. Never forsaking us.

I want to pass down a faith-filled life to my grandchildren. I want them to know that no matter what they face in life they are never alone. There is a God, their Lord and Savior, who will fight for them, who will stand for them, and who will forever love them through this life into the next. I want to leave a legacy of hope behind for them. I want them to know that with faith everything is possible. There is nothing that God cannot do. No mess too great for Him. No battle He cannot win. He has already overcame. Victory is His and for those who believe. 

There have been times that fear has taken hold of me and I have wondered where God was. I have faced trying times in my life when I felt so alone. I felt no one understood. Times when I couldn't share with others. Yes, you those times as well. Those days and weeks where you just want to curl up and remain under the quilts. I think I'm figuring something out about fear. Knowing God is near, having faith, doesn't mean fear will not touch us. It doesn't mean that our lives will never hold fear. Fear is a part of our lives. But faith drives out fear. Faith overcomes fear. The Lord helps us move through our fears to see beyond that moment. With Christ by our side, standing in the gap, giving us passage, we can find victory over our fears. 

"...He refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for His name's sake." Psalm 23:3

"To the faithful You show Yourself faithful." Psalm 18:25a

"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...