Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Slow Moon Rising by Eva Marie Everson

I have been blessed to review each book in the Cedar Key Series. I was anticipating book three. Oh friends, this is hands down the best book I have read yet this year! Once I began reading I couldn't stop. The pages just kept turning and I found myself wishing for more of Cedar Key and the Claybourne family. I am sad to see it end. I feel like Eva allowed me a privilege getting to know this family. In this series you get to know the people of Cedar Key. You grow to love them. You cheer for them and in the end you have a better understanding of life and love.

This book is poetically breathtaking. Eva writes with such passion and grace. I giggled and cried. Eva does a beautiful job of letting us get to know each and every character. They come alive in these pages and they bring with them many life lessons. They are real and touchable. Characters we can relate to. This last novel in the series is so inspiring.

The story kept building and throughout each chapter we uncover more and more about this family. We have a family of sisters. All different and unique. Kimberly, Jayme-Leigh, Heather, and Ami. The story begins as love unfolds between Ross, the girls father and Anise, the beautiful woman who stole his heart just six months after his wife's death. As far as the story goes, that's all your getting from me. This book is beyond memorable and I want you to dive in with a curious spirit and be ready to be blessed.

This is one of those stories that you lie awake at night and ponder. It's a story that begins with love and ends with a love even more powerful. We get to see each of these characters grow in ways that bring them closer to the Lord. Faith grows through trial and change. This is what we get to see from the Claybourne family.

The cover is so beautiful and telling. I love the the setting of the sun and the light that still remains in the lamp. A light that will carry on a love beyond all measure. Cedar Key is a charming place. A place that gifted this family with such wondrous memories. From this story we learn to love right now. Not to take for granted one day, one breath, one blessing, but to treasure life itself and to give those around us second chances.

I encourage you to begin with the first book of this series, Chasing Sunsets, and in doing so you will have a better understanding of just what is taking place with the Claybourne family.

This book was a gift from Revell for sharing my review.


Eva Marie Everson is a successful speaker and the award-winning author of Things Left Unspoken, This Fine Life, and Chasing Sunsets. She is coauthor of the Potluck Club books and the Potluck Catering Club series. She lives in Florida. www.evamarieeversonauthor.com


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...