Monday, March 4, 2013

"When The Heart Heals" by Ann Shorey

I love books based in Missouri. The Civil War era is a time in history that captivates me. Here in, "When A Heart Heals", we once again visit the town of Noble Springs. Sweet, simple and quaint. It's an easy going and lovely town. I absolutely adored this book. From the first page I found myself totally absorbed. I simply couldn't put it down. The words flowed at the perfect pace.

In this second installment of the, "Sisters At Heart Series", we find characters of old and some who have arrived in Noble Springs that change the people who live there forever. Yes, I mentioned the characters. They are lovely. Many characters, all with a story of their own healing process. Circumstance hits, but the people of Noble Springs are not those who give up easily. Especially Rosemary Saxon. She is one stubburn girl. This I can relate too. This can be a hinderence, but it too can be a strong attribute. Rosemary is a nurse who had her training at Jefferson Barracks. At Jefferson Barracks she was accepted with honor. Not so much when she returned home. A nurse was unheard of and the actions of others has brought much pain to Rosemary's heart.

Everything changes when Dr. Elijah Stewart comes to town to begin a new practice. He has healing of his own to do. I love the connection that grows between Elijah and Rosemary.


Yes, the theme that runs through these pages is healing. We see the Lord bring healing to the characters. What I love is that it doesn't happen over night. It's a journey. The towns people are there for one another. Something missing in today's society. I admired the characters, espeically Rosemary.

This book too holds forgiveness. Although this book is clasified as historical romance, there is a bit of a mystery here too. I tell you, this book holds a touch of everything. It's absolutely perfect in every way. I love the writings of Ann Shorey. She is a master story teller.

If you haven't read the first book in series, "Where The Wild Flowers Bloom", I would suggest you begin there and you will have a full impact of just what Rosemary is feeling in her heart. A beautiful and inviting story. One that I couldn't wait to read. One that left me excited for what comes next in the lives of those living in Noble Springs.

"When The Heart Heals" was a gift from Revell for my review.

Ann Shorey is the author of Where Wildflowers Bloom, The Edge of Light, The Promise of Morning, and The Dawn of a Dream. She has also published selections in the Cup of Comfort series and in Chicken Soup for the Grandma's Soul. Ann and her husband make their home in southwestern Oregon.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...