Tuesday, November 20, 2012

So Big

I remember taking my children's hands and stretching them out and saying, "Momma loves you this much". Love stretches wide. In fact, it holds no boundaries. It goes beyond the boundaries. It's past those boundaries that we find the greatest love of all.

I seen a beautiful friend yesterday. She was holding her granddaughter through the resale shop. Oh, she is just precious. Sweet baby girl reached out her arms to me. My heart melted. A Nana knows this great love. I think at times it takes grandchildren to really teach us that love goes beyond all boundaries. Just ask any parent who comes to pick up their children from Nana's house. LOL

See, when I seen my friend, grandma's arms were getting tired. She had been carrying this little bundle of joy for a while. If your a Nana, you know you pick up and carry your grandchild no matter how tired or weary you are. But it reminded me that my Savior's arms are never tired. They never grow weary. It's in His arms I find strength. I find grace wrapped in love. They are wide enough to handle everything my Goliath is dishing out.

Over the weekend I spent time with my cousin. She shared a beautiful story with me. As she was walking through the park she seen a young woman playing in the leaves. This young woman was making a leaf angel. This struck a cord with me. Stay tuned for my leaf angel photo! She wasn't worried about anyone around her. She was living freedom. With her outstretched arms she was grabbing life in the moment.

So, my heart has been stirring and pondering the Lord's great and mighty love. No matter where I am or what I am doing, He remains the same. He's like Stretch Armstrong. When I'm out of His presence, He is reaching and pulling me back in. His arms are always and forever opened wide. He's always ready to take me in His arms. I find true beauty in this very simple action. He loves beyond all measure. He is ready to go the distance to bring me closer to Him. Whatever it takes. He has already paid the cost, so whatever else it takes is a victory already won.

Today I had lunch with one of my favorite ladies. My Sunday school teacher. She is my mentor. She is my friend. She sees me and her arms open wide with a love that covers me with a smile.

When is the last time you felt the arms of someone around you? Friends, Jesus is holding out His arms today and saying, "Please, come". There is no hurry with Jesus. His arms are always open wide and ready for us to climb in. I can picture myself upon His lap, tears streaming and just soaking in His mighty love of grace. I can see His hands, strong yet tender with mercy. He is ready to battle for me. He is ready to stand in the gap. Within His arms we find all we need.

It was my Savior's outstretched arms upon the cross that showed me what real boundless love is. He took upon the sins of the world so that we could find salvation through Him. It is His outstretched arms that intercedes for us daily.

Next time you think of the little childhood song, "So Big", think of just how big our Savior's love is. God is big enough to handle our biggest Goliath. You don't have to face it on your own. The Lord will stand before your battle. His grace will go beyond our sin. His strength will carry us through. His love will allow us to soar.

In Exodus 14:21 we see how Moses outstretched his arms to push back the Red Sea.

"With a strong and outstretched arm His love is eternal." Psalm 136:12

"There is none like the God of Jeshurun, who rides the heavens to your aid, the clouds in His majesty. The God of old is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms. He drives out the enemy before you and commands, Destroy." Deuteronomy 33:26-27

"Therefore tell the Israelites: I am Yahweh, and I will deliver you from the forced labor of the Egyptians and free you from slavery to them. I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and great acts of judgement. I will take your people as My people, and I will be your God." Exodus 6:6-7

A few days ago I was outdoors watching the birds. I must tell you, I love watching them. They are simply captivating to me. I was watching this small creature flit to and fro, quickly batting his wings. He would flutter in a burst, dive down a bit and fly quickly back up. I thought, "Is this hard for him? Seems like an awful lot of work". Then I was reminded of the eagle. Majestic and graceful. The use their wings, but they take flight of the biggest mountains. They flap those gorgeous wings until they catch air and then they simply soar. Seems much easier. I would think there would be much trust in just taking off a mountain. But isn't that how are walk with Christ is? It's built on trust. If He is our sure foundation we can take flight and soar above all the muck and mire. Flying might not be easy, but it's much easier with Jesus being the strength beneath our wings.

Think about the arms of Jesus. Think past our own abilities and see Jesus for who He is. He is our refuge and strength. He is Yahweh. His arms go far beyond the widest seas. Drink in them. Soak in them. Live in them.


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...