Thursday, October 18, 2012

One Thousand Gifts Devotional by Ann VosKamp

Ann Voskamp is a blessing almost indescribable with words. Her words flow like no other. She has been gifted to share from a heart that is transparent. I was blessed to review, One Thousand Gifts, and I can tell you, to this day it is my favorite of all books I have held in my hands.

There is sweetness as she  brings the Word of God into full view through her life. There is beauty as she opens her hands in surrender to be used of God. In this devotional, you find sixty transforming devotionals, that will literally bring refreshing and uplifting encouragement to your heart.

You may think, well, I want a devotional for 365 days of the year. This devotional can take you through the year and beyond. I have highlighted pages, phrases and scripture. This is one of those books that you can go back a second time and be freed by new blessings.

In One Thousand Gifts, Ann took us on a journey through giving thanks. In this devotional she takes us on a journey of grace. We find that we cannot truly find grace until we find true thanks. It is through giving thanks that we find true peace. This is a journey every soul needs to take. These two books have blessed me like no others I have ever read. Really, I share with everyone how much One Thousand Gifts changed my life. I began my own list of thanks and through that I found a new way to walk with Christ.

On the cover of One Thousand Gifts we see a young soul holding a nest with eggs, just waiting to be born. In this newest devotional we see hands setting that bird free. I just love the visual this gives.

Its as though you open these pages and the words are raw on your heart. It's like uncovering yourself to be this free creature finding God's grace in our journey.  There is a beauty being created as we open our minds and hearts to the truths of God's Word and we are changed and molded into who God is creating us to be.

This book was a gift from Zondervan for my review.

Ann Voskamp is a farmer's wife, the home-educating mama to a half-dozen exuberant kids, and the author of the New York Times bestseller One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are. She tells stories. She takes pictures. She sees the whole earth full of the glory of God. A columnist with DaySpring, a contributing editor to Laity Lodge’s The High Calling, and a writer of articles featured in WORLD Magazine, the Huffington Post, and Christianity Today, Ann partners with Compassion International as a global advocate for needy children. The poor have made her rich and telling the stories of those who need a voice has changed her own story. Ann can be found writing about messy grace and a magnificent God at her daily online journal: www.aholyexperience.com. Visit Ann's website at: www.onethousandgifts.com.


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...