Friday, August 31, 2012

Nothing Is Left Void When The Lord Is At Work

Yesterday I picked a post from a few years back and did some rewriting. I do that quite often. It's wonderful to look back through my posts and see where I was and see just where the Lord has brought me. Proof that I am a work in progress, flaws and all.

Not only can I see how my writing is changing, but even more so I can see how the Lord has been working in my life. There were times He carried me through heartache. Walked me through confusion. Steered me away from sin. He has been  my ever present encouragement. It seems that He is always teaching me. Always loving me to tomorrow.

I finished the post and sat back in tears and thought, "Wow Lord, You are so mighty and good". It was titled, "When We Cry Out He Turns To Us". It was one that I had worked on for quite awhile. So, I posted and seen I had still had a few corrections. Made my corrections and went back to post and it was all scrambled up. I couldn't read or make out anything. It was as though someone took what I had done and tossed it in a shredder.

I can tell you, I sat back with tears bursting. I tried to retrieve it. I worked in a frenzy trying to get that post back. After awhile I knew it wasn't coming back. I had to die to that post. Just maybe it wasn't meant for everyone. Just maybe God meant it just for me. Just maybe He wanted to remind me that no matter what the situation all I must do is call out to Him.

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." Romans 12:12 


I went to bed last night with my mind still a buzz about what happened to that post. Was this the mean actions of another or did something just go berserk with my computer? Whatever the reason, I knew what I had to do. Leave it in the Lord's hands. After all, in my post I had shared that when we cry out to the Lord He turns to us.

That's exactly what He did for me last night. I could feel His presence. I could feel His peace. My post may have vanished, but His Word remained in my heart.

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." Colossians 3:23-24

Have you ever felt that you worked so hard on something only to see it go through a tornado and end up scattered about by the wind? Shattered in pieces and jolted to where you were left unsettled? Maybe you felt unnoticed, or  unwanted. Could it be that you felt your work wasn't worthy or was lacking? Maybe something was just missing?

"Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain." 1 Corinthians 15:58

Here is what I had to ask myself. "Rob, did you write that post for all to see or did you write it for the Lord?" I had to do a heart check. I must admit there are times I have yearned to please people more than my Lord. I knew I had written it for the Lord. I think that is one reason I was so shaken. I felt I had disappointed Him in some way.

"For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." Galatians 1:10 


I didn't disappoint my Lord and Savior. He knew my heart was with Him. He knew I was sharing just what He had done for me night after night, year after year. He never ceases to turn to me when I am in need.

Life is like that at times, isn't it? We work so hard at being the best of the best in all we do. We give all and sometimes it feels like it just isn't enough. There are times when we know how much time we have put into something and it simply goes unnoticed. Friends, it isn't about being the best. It's about being the best we were created to be. When we give our all, it shouldn't be for the accolades of others. It should be for the glory and honor of God. We need not worry if others notice our work. When we are doing what the Lord has called us to do, I promise, it doesn't go unnoticed. When we are busy in the Lord's work and focused on Him there is nothing missing.

"I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:1-2 


Lord, help me to remain focused on You. Keep my feet from stumbling in pride and help me to walk humbly. Set before me Your path and remove all doubt from my mind. May I remember Satan is always trying to destroy me by filling my mind with falsehoods. In all I do, may it be for Your glory and honor and not my own.

Friends, may we keep the faith when all doesn't turn out as we expect. Just maybe the Lord is doing a greater work in us. You know what? He is pretty good at taking what we thought had disappeared and making it reappear with great purpose and blessings that go far beyond anything we could imagine.





AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...