Saturday, July 14, 2012

"Word Spirit Power" by R.T Kendall, Charles Carrin and Jack Taylor

Okay, all of my Baptist friends, hold on to your hats. I am about to tell you I loved this book. Yes I did! I wasn't so sure when I picked it up and began reading these "Calvinistic" teachings that go against most things I have been taught, but you know, there was great wisdom penned within these pages.

So, let me begin by correcting my first statment. These are not Calvinistic teachings. They are Biblical based and although I can't understand everything, it encouraged me to dig deeper into God's Word and isn't that what it's all about any way?

This book was grafted by three men who love the Lord and want to see His kingdom grow. They are doing this by bringing to light the Holy Spirit. The One we often leave out and the One often misunderstood. They share that the Word + Spirit = Power. That I can totally without any doubt agree on this.

R.T Kendall blew me away and helped me see things I was missing. Charles Carrin helped me see I was placing limits on the Holy Spirit and Jack Taylor opened my eyes to living in the Spirit and not being ashamed.

I am telling you, this is great stuff. I am learning to go beyond demoninations and go straight to God's Word and allow the Holy Spirit to lead me and guide my paths. Having a relationship with Him leads us to a greater understanding of God's Word. By giving Him room in our lives we allow ourselves to be used as His vessel. I am learning to stop limiting God and welcome all He has for me.

This book was a gift by Chosen Publishers for it's review.


Dr. R. T. Kendall, a graduate of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and Oxford University (DPhil), is a protégé of Dr. Martyn Lloyd-Jones. He was the senior minister of the historic Westminster Chapel in London for 25 years. The author of numerous bestselling books, he conducts conferences all over the world and writes a bimonthly column for Ministry Today. He and his wife, Louise, live near Nashville, Tennessee.




Charles Carrin has been in ministry more than 50 years, most of which time his beliefs and practices denied the supernatural works and gifts of the Holy Spirit. A crisis time in his own life, however, caused him to revise his theology. Today his ministry is characterized by displays of the power of God in salvation as well as deliverance and healing. He and his wife, Laurie, live in Boynton Beach, Florida.



Jack Taylor has a ministry that spans more than 54 years, during which he has witnessed various moves of God in revival. His life has been punctuated by encounters with the Holy Spirit that have changed his life and ministry. He is a frequent speaker in areas where revival has broken out, and he has a passion to see the church become Kingdomcentered and empowered by the Spirit. He and his wife, Friede, live near Melbourne, Florida.












AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...