Monday, July 30, 2012

ONE BIG THING by Phil Cooke

I chose this book simply for the title. ONE BIG THING (Discovering What You Were Born To Do). I opened the pages thinking the ONE BIG THING would be Jesus Christ. After all, without Him we are nothing and through Him all things are possible. I have learned that when I totally focused on Him my vision is made clear and I find myself right where I am to be.

There was a lot of great information in this book, but without Christ, none of it would be possible. For me, there wasn't enough focus on Christ. For me to figure out where I am to be and what I am to doing, I need to be searching Him. After all, He is my Creator.

If your looking for a book based on how to make in business or how to get your name out there, this book is for you. This book focuses on making it big in that ONE BIG THING your created to do and how to do it right. Phil Cooke does a great job at that. I mean, you cannot close this book and not be ready to tackle tomorrow. It gives encouragement and gives you a sense of, I can do it!! It shows us that we will all have a legacy. So, what are we doing about that legacy? How are making our mark on this world?

For me, there was a too much self and not enough surrender. I'm not big into marketing myself. I want to be an apprentice for Christ. I want Him to be at the forefront of my life. So, when something good happens, I want all that spotlight directed upon Him.

So, in the end I suppose I did learn a great deal from this book. It made me think and refocus my efforts of what my daily life should be. The best advice in this book was find one thing and do it well. Too many times we have our hands in everything and in doing that we cannot give 100%. Basically we must learn how to say no.

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for it's review.


AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...