Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Truth About The Lordship of Christ by John MacArthur

If you love John MacArthur's teaching, you will enjoy this book. For me, I choose to eat the meat the throw away the bones. I will share a few quotes from the book that I did not agree with.

"It seems reasonable to assume that if God loved everyone, He would have chosen everyone into salvation. Therefore, God does not love the non-elect."

"God loves whom He chooses. He does not love everybody."

"We are redeemed not because of anything good in us, but because God chose us unto salvation. He chose certain individuals and passed over others, and He made that choice in eternity past, before the foundation of the world."

What I took away from this book was learning to be a disciple of Christ and following Him with every fiber of my being. It's not about me, but ALL about Him.

Here is a quote that is spot on.

"Sanctification is the continuous operation of the Holy Spirit in believers, making us holy by conforming our character, affections, and behavior to the image of Christ. Justification is a one-time event; sanctification is an ongoing process."

There are a great many things in this book that are so awesome and can lead us to a greater relationship with the Lord. For me, I just don't agree with every statement. Again, MacArthur leads with passion and shares valued information that can help us become the child of God we were created to be and have a close and personal relationship with Christ.

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for it's review.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...