Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Can't Do This!

"I just can't do this anymore!" Oh, the times these words have flowed from my lips. The times fear has hit me and smacked me to the floor. Anger that has come ragging like a river flowing out of control. When the impossible stands toe to toe with you and your left with a feeling of uncertainty. Have you been there with me?

You have words with your husband that cut like a knife and you just want the hurt to end. Your child is rebelling in every way and all you want is for peace to enter your home and make rest. Your parent finds themselves in the hospital and now you must make all the decisions. Your job is controlling your life. The in-laws are not making life easy. The doctor calls with news you were not ready to hear. "I can't do this anymore!", flows from your lips as despair hardens your heart. Your trying to protect yourself from the pain of unrest, so you push everything aside. Even those you love so you can feel some sort of ease. The pain is still there though. It isn't going anywhere until it is dealt with head on, and lets be honest. That's not an easy thing to do. I hate confrontation. When there's a problem, I just want it solved, so life can be smooth again. I would just like to sweep it all under the rug and forget it's there. But the dust still stirs and your heart is left an emotional wreck waiting to explode as you step lightly on the glass surrounding you.

"I just can't do this anymore!"

I speak the words and I hear my Savior say, "Yes you can, sweet daughter. You can do it with Me." I tell Him, "No, I can't. I don't want to!" He gently says, "This is a road we must travel down to get to our destination."

I have made situations worse by saying, "I can't do this anymore." It's almost as if I am ready to just give up. I was looking at things all wrong. I didn't need to give up. I just needed to surrender to the Lord and allow Him the room He needed to work.

It's like taking a trip with your child and ten minutes out of the drive way you hear, "Are we there yet?" So I surrender and find peace in the Lord for the moment, but it seems as though I am asking Him, "So, are we there yet,cause I'm really tired?"

I hear Him tell me, "Rest daughter. Rest in Me."

It has taken me a long time to understand what He was meaning. He didn't mean all around me would be just perfect. He meant that in Him all would be complete. I could trust in Him no matter what. In my depth perception I could only see a few feet ahead. He could see years ahead. He knew and He knows the depths of despair we are in today. He knows the pain in our hearts. Sometimes the road less traveled is the very road we are on today. It's the road He has us on and friends, we don't have to spin our wheels. He is there to pull us out of the pit. He is there to give us all we need for the journey. We might be in to packing a heavy load, but He knows what we need for the journey and what needs left behind.


"We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies."
2 Corinthians 4:8-10

"Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me."
2 Corinthians 12:9

"Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord."
Psalm 27:14

The Lord is here cheering you on today! He is saying to you, "You go girl!" He has all the strength and courage you need. There is no Goliath too big for Him. No problem He can't handle. Find yourself wrapped in His love today. In our weakness, His mighty strength lifts us up and sets us on higher ground.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...