Monday, February 13, 2012

His Word Is Our Delight

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to To Your Word." Psalm 119:9

A question we all ask and one in which we have an answer. We wonder how a young man sways off path. How does a young woman end up crumbled in a corner? We remove ourselves from the path God has chosen for us. Many times we don't even search Him for the answer to our life. It should be Him we are seeking for purpose. Is it really that simple? We remain pure as long as we remain with Him? I believe so. It's when we allow our flesh to run our lives that we find ourselves running to find reason and rhyme to all that is.

I found myself in Psalm 119 this morning. Oh, these words bring comfort. We see the heart of one calling out to God. A place I have been and a place I will be again. This chapter is the longest chapters in the Book of the Psalm. It is repetitive. I think there is a reason for that. God wants us to really get it. He wants our attention. We should be repetitive in His Word. We should be searching His Word over and over again. This Bible is our guide to life.

"With all my heart I have sought You; Do not let me wander from Your commandments. Your Word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You. Blessed are You, O Lord; Teach me Your statutes. With my lips I have told of all the ordinances of Your mouth. I have rejoiced in the way of Your testimonies, as much as in all riches. I will meditate on Your precepts and regard Your ways. I shall delight in Your statutes; I shall not forget Your Word." Psalm 119:10-16

This is the picture of a humble heart. One who knows God is in control. One who has seen His wisdom and knows of His love in an intimate way. This is the relationship I want with my Savior. Can you hear Him calling? What I love here is God is showing us how to remain pure. Pure in Him. As long as I keep my eyes upon Him I am going to remain in Him and His will. The very moment I pridefully take my eyes off Him, even for only a moment, that is the moment I will fall. By the grace of God, He picks me back up, sets me on my feet and points me in the right direction again.

We see recurring words throughout this chapter. According, treasured, teach, rejoiced, meditate and delight. My favorite word here is, delight. God wants us to be delighted in His Word. It is through that delight that we find treasure. In that treasure we find that we can rejoice! Meditating on His Word will teach us. It is here we will find understanding to His wisdom. According to our walk with Him and just how much time we spend with Him will determine the rest of our walk on this earth. Oh, how much sweeter this life is with Jesus Christ.

"How sweet are Your words to my taste! Yes, sweeter than honey to my mouth! From Your precepts I get understanding; Therefore I hate every false way. Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:103-105

I love the heart of this writer. It is so pure. Searching. Wanting. We see him say in verse 27, "Make me understand". In verse 18, he says, "Open my eyes". In verse 33, he says, "Teach me". In verse 34 he continues with, "Give me". In verse 33 he goes on to say, "Make me walk", and in verse 40, he says, "Revive me". This is the heart of a man after God's own heart. This makes me consider if David is the writer. I want to be a girl after God's own heart. I want to know Him. I want to walk with Him for the rest of my days. I want my life to be His and to honor Him in all ways.

Seek Him today, dear friend. Search your heart. It is there you will find your treasure. May the Lord be the treasure you desire.

"For where your treasure is, there you heart will also be." Matthew 6:21

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...