Thursday, January 19, 2012

What's my One Word for 2012?

Last year I share with you all my One Word for the year was Surrender. I struggled with surrendering. This, "Fix it girl", gets in God's way. He is constantly nudging me out of His and reminding me that He doesn't need my help when it comes to fixing things.

I learned to surrender all to the Lord. The good, the bad, and the ugly. In other words, I learned to totally trust him. I think He had been waiting on that one for a while now. So yes, as I surrendered, I grew in faith. Whenver I lost my place I turned and remembered my One Word. That One Word remained with me all throughout the year.

So, now it's time to choose my One Word for this year. I have it. I have prayed over it and my One Word for this year is, Breathe. I want to breathe in ALL God has for me. In each breath I take in I want to bring glory and honor to Him, just as when I breath out, I pray my words inspire and encourage. I want to enjoy each and every moment and learn to slow down. Not just to slow down, but to enjoy the pace. I want to take in all the little things I pass by every day while waiting for the big thing to happen. Do you do that too?

I forget to breathe when I'm anxious. When I am in a rush and yes, when anger clouds my vision. If I can just stop and remember to breathe, God will remind me that He's got it all under control.




Come join me and choose your One Word for 2012 and allow yourself to grow in Christ. Allow your heart to be opened in ways like never before and keep your focus on Him. He's got this, friends! He's got your back. All we must do is breathe in ALL He has and trust Him as we Surrender ALL to Him.

I encourage you to check out the One Word community and the Grit and Glory blog. Both are great blessings jam packed with people just like you, trying to make a difference for the Kingdom of Christ.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...