Tuesday, October 18, 2011

HEAVEN IS FOR REAL by TODD BURPO with LYNN VINCENT

Okay, I didn't like this book. I know what your thinking, "But why didn't you like it? I loved it." I think people will either love it or not. One thing I can walk away with from reading this book is a deeper thirst for heaven. I want to dive in more and read God's Word. I want to be so saturated in God's Word that I find myself washed in His goodness until I meet Him on the other side of heaven.

Now, this is the story of a little boy who went under for surgery and a few weeks later begins sharing what he saw while visiting in heaven. Part of me thinks this is one sweet story and I want to believe, but the other part is really skeptical. Lynn Vincent is an AWESOME writer. Yes, I said, AWESOME! She blew me away with, SAME KIND OF DIFFERENT.

Mr. Burpo is a pastor who has a deep faith. I guess I just wanted to hear more about this little boy and his thoughts today. Does he still remember? Praise God for this little boy and his precious life. No doubt, the Lord gave this family a miracle by healing their young son. We can gain great insight on faith and trusting God when we are faced with the unknown. But seeing wings on people? Some things just didn't line up to what I know to be biblically true. I just have more questions than answers. Maybe that is the whole point. To walk away with a deeper yearning, a wider passion for God's Word. This isn't my home. So, maybe I am to set my sights on heaven and dream of all it is to be.

This book was a gift from Thomas Nelson for it's review.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...