Thursday, September 8, 2011

Searching for a rescue?

"But Moses told the people, 'Don't be afraid. Just stand still and watch the Lord rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. The Lord Himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.'" Exodus 14:13-14

As I read these words of scripture they bring me to the edge of Red Sea. Can you see the Israelites standing on the edge of the waters waiting? Anticipating to see what the Lord is going to do? It isn't hard for us to envision. We have all been there. We wander through the desert searching for a way out. Everything looks the same. We cry out to God and ask, "Are You there? Will You rescue me?" It is so hard to wait, isn't it? The most wondrous thing is the peace that God washes over us as we are waiting for that rescue. As God, in His perfect time, parts the waters for you to cross we must stand in faith.

Are you standing at the edge of the Red Sea today? Do you have enemies at your back? Just remember God will make a way! He will lead you out of your fear and despair. He will part the high waters that are surrounding you and clear a path for you to find not only safe ground, but set you a top a hill of refuge! You are not alone my friend. Jesus knows what is behind you and what is ahead of you. Trust Him and surrender all your burdens to Him.

"Then the angel of God, who had been leading the people of Israel, moved to the rear of the camp. The pillar of cloud also moved from the front and stood behind them. The cloud settled between the Egyptian and Israelite camps. As darkness fell, the cloud turned to fire, lighting up the night. But the Egyptians and Israelites did not approach each other at night." Exodus 14:19-20

We have a mighty God who will never leave us. He knows we are at the edge waiting for Him. He has His hand of protection over us today just as He did the Israelites. What must we do when circumstances surround us? Stay fixed upon Him. We don't have to look back. He has our past covered. We don't have to fear tomorrow. He too, has His hand upon our future. There is nothing for us to fear as long as we stand in faith at the edge anticipating what God is going to do. He parted those waters for the safe crossing of the Israelites and He closed the path for the wicked that were following them.

"Then Moses and the people of Israel sang this song to the Lord: I will sing to the Lord, for He has triumphed gloriously; He has hurled both horse and rider into the sea. The Lord is my strength and my song; He has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise His name, my father's God, and I will exalt Him! The Lord is a warrior; Yahweh is His name!" Exodus 15:1-3

We receive that bad news. The unexpected happens. We are faced with decisions. Opposition seems to be surrounding us. When we are faced with the trials of this world we must not forget our way. We must not allow those troubles to torment our hearts. It seems today we are on overload. We are facing such hard times in our country today. We could just allow fear to overtake us. We could allow indecision to tempt us into turning our own way. God knows each and every moment of each and every day we face. He knows just how real our troubles are. He hasn't left us. If anything we leave Him. We feel He isn't moving as we expect. Maybe He isn't moving fast enough for us. Oh, have I been there. I have felt like I was standing in the desert screaming at the top of my lungs and no one was hearing me. Most of all God. But, He did hear. I can tell you I felt His hand take hold of mine many nights and I heard His voice say, "Just hold on daughter. Hold on and trust your Father."

Everything in my life is not perfect. In fact, it is far from perfect, but even in those imperfections life is good. It is good when I remain focused on God for EVERYTHING. It's when I take my eyes off Him that I lose my way and think all is lost. God is working behind the scenes. He is working in the hearts of those around us. There is nothing that touches our life that is without purpose. God will make a way. He will part the waters and rescue you from your enemies. As we stand on the edge of the Red Sea, lets not forget those who have crossed before us and those who will cross after us.

"Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by Your truth and teach me, for You are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in You." Psalm 25:4-5

"He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my rescuer. He is my shield, and I take refuge in Him. He makes the nations submit to me." Psalm 144:2

That same God who we see on those great days of joy that lights up our countenance, is that same God who will bring you through on those very days where all seems to go dark. Even in that darkness, He will light the way. May we learn to trust Him in ALL circumstances. In giving Him praise for ALL we will find that peace to bring us through the edge of darkness into the light of grace.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...