Thursday, September 29, 2011

JESUS CALLING DEVOTIONAL BIBLE by SARAH YOUNG and THOMAS NELSON

I love when the Lord sends me just what I need when I need it. All in God's perfect timing. I have many bibles at home. Many different translations. Well, now I am the owner of one of the most poetic, beautifully written, devotional Bibles I have ever had the pleasure reading. Now, to begin, if you haven't read any devotionals from, Sarah Young, you are missing out my friend. You are now in for a treat with this Signature Series New King James Devotional Bible.

It is filled with prayer and devotionals from, Sarah's early devotionals. When I opened the Bible to begin reading this is the first prayer that my eyes found.

"Lord, You are more than my Creator; You are my Sustainer. You provide every bit of wisdom and help that I ever need. There is never a problem, a situation, or a decision where I cannot count on You. And yet so often, in the freedom that You have graciously given me, I am guilty of forging ahead and doing things my way, as if my ideas, plans, and methods are better than Yours. What's more, I do things without consulting You first-and sometimes without consulting You at all. My failure to look to You wears on me. I get tired of being inconsistent in my relationship with You. Would You help me learn? Would You show me where I'm going wrong and how to stay on track? I really do want to include You in all my decisions, not just to avoid the trouble that comes with foolish choices, but to please You. More importantly, I want to be right with You."

I cannot tell you how much I needed these words right at this moment when I feel totally insecure today. I am searching for God's will and this devotional has brought me to a place where I know the Lord is speaking to me. I just have to listen. I must take a step back and remember to seek Him first above all.

This Bible is beautiful. It is a hardback with exquisite detail throughout the pages. It is a devotional you can use on your own or as a teaching tool. It contains devotionals on every subject. Opening this bible really does bring you into His presence and there is no other place I would rather be.

If your looking for a new Devotional Bible, I would suggest this beautifully written devotional that holds valuable nuggets that help bring us to a more intimate relationship with our Savior.

This Bible was a gift from Thomas Nelson for it's review.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...