Monday, September 19, 2011

A change in plans all because of Him

Well, I would be in Chicago now having breakfast with my husband this morning, but God had other plans. After a busy day yesterday, I packed my bags, and was all ready to travel out last night, but something just wasn't right. Although I was excited to be going to see my husband for a few days, I had this interrupting feeling inside. I say interrupting because I really wanted to go, but feelings of unrest kept coming quicker and were over riding my excitement.

I kept pushing them away, even though I had a few panic attacks through the afternoon. But late last night as my son was putting my bags in the car, even he was not feeling peace. I could tell something was up. As we walked out the door for him to drive me to meet up with my husband, Daisy, our little Dachshund acted like she has never acted before. She was barking and running around the house in a frenzy as if to say, "No, don't go!"

We travel down to the gas station and fill up the tank and grab our drinks for the road. I drive over to the post office and drop off a bill, only to have Jake look over at me and say, "Mom, don't go." He had no idea of my earlier feelings or attacks. He was already out the door when Daisy was acting up. I looked over at him and asked," Why?", and he said, "I don't know. Something just doesn't feel right."

I can tell you I wanted to push aside the Holy Spirit right then. I was all packed and all ready on the road. I wanted to see my husband for goodness sake. What could go wrong? I don't know, but the Lord knew. He was throwing every road block in the way to keep me at home. So, we turn around and head for home. I walk through the door as Daisy is turning circles of joy. It was like I had been gone for a week. I walked through my bedroom door and began unpacking my bag. It was then that a peace came over me. It was just like I was washed with this protective hedge of love.

I don't know what the Lord was keeping me from. Maybe I should say, I don't know what the Lord was keeping from me. But I know the Holy Spirit was alive and moving in my home last night and He wasn't budging  until I listened.

We never know what is up ahead for us, but one thing is true. The Holy Spirit moves on our behalf in constant motion. We are never without Him. The important thing is that we listen to Him when He speaks. I could have chosen to ignore Him last night. I don't know what would have happened. Maybe nothing, but maybe everything to make a difference.

Today I am giving praise to God for His everlasting love and hedge of protection He covers me with daily.

"And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, He identified you as His own by giving you the Holy Spirit, who He promised long ago." Ephesians 1:13

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...