Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sometimes where your standing makes all the difference

I have been spending time reading, "Crazy Love", by Francis Chan, and last night I came across something he shared. "Having faith often means doing what others see as crazy. Something is wrong when our lives make sense to unbelievers." Isn't that wonderful? It was just what I needed to hear at the moment. I sat and pondered over these words.

We always try to figure the world and it's actions out. We simply cannot. If we are living in our Christian faith and seeking God on every level, we will not understand why the world does what it does. Just as if we are living our Christian faith, the world is not going to understand us. There are going to be times when we look simply crazy. Our lives and the world are not to match up. If our lives are making sense to the world/unbelievers, then something is wrong. That was profound for me.

This is where we seem to butt heads with others and have disagreements that make us cringe. If someone doesn't believe in God there is no amount of talking that is going to make them see your point of view or the stand you are taking. Doesn't that bring a peace to your heart? It does mine.

I spend so much time trying to figure things out. I have said of late, "This is just crazy, nothing is making any sense." The world isn't going to make sense to me if I am looking through faith in Christ. There are times when we must just back away from a situation and pray.

My heart was so overwhelmed when I went to bed last night. I was trying to understand the troubles that were taking place and understand the actions of others and as I read I came across this and it was like the Lord just blanketed me with comfort. I could feel His love wash over me. Have you ever done that with something you have read? I love how God is at work always. He knows exactly what we need and brings His blessings at the perfect moment.

When it seems that we are at war with our family or friends you rack your brain trying to make sense of what just happened. We spend more time trying to figure it out than we do in prayer over it. We can now give it to Jesus. Simply give Him everything we don't understand and trust Him to bring about peace. Sometimes no matter how hard we try we just can't make something right. God knows our heart. He knows every situation that surrounds us. He knows of those attacks that will come today or tomorrow. May we remember, prayer=peace. It might not be a peaceful situation, but our hearts can be filled with a peace that allows us to completely trust Christ. He sees what I cannot. He too knows the blessings that can come from prayer and tears shed for those we love. Although we may not understand, we have hope and through that hope we will see God work all things out for His good and mighty purposes.

It can feel as though we are on an island all alone. No one gets us and we sure aren't getting those around us. Jesus too, knows the pain of being misunderstood. He knows the pain of standing alone and what it's like when circumstance and anger surround you. He trusted His Father and we too must do the same. The same God who came before us knows our pain and is working to bring peace to our broken hearts.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-8

"See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him." 1 John 3:1




AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...