Monday, July 18, 2011

CRAZY LOVE by FRANCIS CHAN with DANAE YANKOSKI

Before I begin my review I want to share some things about David C. Cook publishing. In reviewing, I have the opportunity to work with many publishers and authors. This has been a great blessing to me. I teach Junior High Awana or Trek on Wednesday nights at church. A group of kids searching for answers. A group of kids that tugged at my heart. I wanted to bless this youth group with something special, but it just was not in our budget.

I contacted David C. Cook through email and shared this with them. I am not sure what I expected, but I believe God was at work beforehand. David C. Cook Publishing not only gave me a book for review, but they blessed me with twenty books for my students to read throughout the summer. Can you believe it? This is a group that is reaching out to the world and sharing the gospel of Christ. Through this one act of love and kindness only God knows the blessings that are to follow. To them, I want to say, Thank you.

Here is what David C. Cook has to say about Crazy Love:

Have you ever wondered if we're missing it?


It's crazy, if you think about it. The God of the universe—the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor—loves us with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love. And what is our typical response? We go to church, sing songs, and try not to cuss.
Whether you've verbalized it yet or not.we all know something's wrong.

Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical, solutions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts-it's falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, as Francis describes it, you will never be the same.

Because when you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything.

Check out Francis Chan's video blog at francischanblog.blogspot.com.


What are my thoughts about Crazy Love? It seemed everyone around me has been reading this book. I was curious and then the leaders of our college age ministry at church began teaching it. I wanted to see what this book was all about. Of all the books I have read, this is in the top three. This book is life changing! Francis Chan has been blessed by God to share the love of Christ in such a way that you not only hear the gospel message, but you are able to see it. He is so passionate and creative in his words. He brings us to look deep within ourselves. This book is challenging and motivating. Each chapter brings something unique. I can tell you I cried as I read the words in this book. It brought me to a place I didn't want to go. I had to realize I was this lukewarm Christian he is speaking of. I am this Christian living for Christ, but placing myself first in many situations. This book is not only powerful, but poignant.

There is also a video that you can purchase to go along with the book. It is a ten week study. Although I didn't do the study, I can only imagine how powerful it is if the book is this awesome. This would be great for young adults, college groups and yes, adults. This is one of those books that everyone should read. As I held this book in my hands I read over and over different paragraphs that just stood out to me. It was as if Christ was reaching into my soul and saying, "I love you. We can have so much more."

If you are looking to have an intimate relationship with Christ this book is for you. It will change your life and bring you to open God's Word and read it over as if it was your first time.



This Book was a gift from David C. Cook Publishing for it's review.



Francis Chan is the best-selling author of Crazy Love and Forgotten God and the host of theBASIC.series. He has also written the children's books Halfway Herbert, The Big Red Tractor and the Little Village and Ronnie Wilson's Gift. Francis is the founding pastor of Cornerstone Church in Simi Valley, California, and is the founder of Eternity Bible College. He also sits on the board of directors of Children's Hunger Fund and World Impact. Francis lives in California with his wife, Lisa, and their four children.


Email: mailto:talk@francischan.org

Website: http://www.francischan.org

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...