Friday, January 28, 2011

LETS CHAT FRIDAY with LEAH DiPASCAL

Women who give all. Women who stand out. Women who do not live in fear, but in victory. Women who seek God daily and strive to be all they were created to be. Women who are content, but searching for more than this world has to offer. These are the characteristics of a Proverbs31 Woman. I am so happy that Leah DiPascal made time to stop by and chat with us. Leah is one of those women. As you will see she is living for the Lord with passion and purpose. When we place the Lord first in our lives life is exciting. We expect the unexpected. We set our eyes not on the troubles we face, but the God who gives victory through them. We Look past ourselves and see God in all His majesty. As women we face many different struggles. We may be women wearing many hats, but we are clothed in Christ Jesus. That makes all the difference to living each day with purpose and finding joy in all circumstances that are surrounding us. Leah gives us great insight on just how to surrender. When we surrender and place God first we then will find success daily through Him. Sit back, get cozy and be blessed.


(Robin) Please tell us a little about yourself


(Leah) I grew up in the wonderful town of New Orleans, Louisiana where my daily nutritional intake consisted of spicy and delicious Cajun food! Nine years after marrying my college sweetheart and giving birth to our first son, my husband came home one day and say “Honey, we’re moving to Tampa, Florida” and that’s just what we did.

His job took us to Florida for eight wonderful years and during that time our second son was born. After moving once again, we landed in the Queen City of Charlotte, N.C. which is where we call home.

I’m so privileged to be a part of the most amazing organization called Proverbs 31 Ministries and serve as executive assistant to Renee Swope. Yes, I LOVE my job J Actually, it’s really a calling and everyday I’m completely blown away but what God is doing through this darling group of gals who love Jesus more than chocolate.


(Robin) I would love for you to share your testimony.
(Leah) Gosh, it would take a book (or two) to share just a few of my stories. I actually believe that God gives us many testimonies throughout our life to share with others along the way.

I’d have to say that the most difficult time in my life was when our youngest son was two years old. I was very involved with church, leading women’s bible study and couples study with my husband, working over 70 hours a week, and trying to be the best stay-at-home mom ever by setting up an office in our house so I could be with my boys.

After years of pushing the envelope in every area of my life and not creating boundaries or balance, I developed anxiety induced depression and was diagnosed with Chronic Anxiety Disorder. The story is long and I won’t bore you with the details but for two years I struggled with this disorder and every single day I begged God to heal me.

The journey was hard and the process was painful but in the midst of it all God was refining me and stripping away the junk in my life that needed to be stripped. By His absolute grace He completely restored me and made me brand new and improved!


(Robin) In your journey as a woman what has been the most challenging?
(Leah) This is an easy one. I’d have to say that maintaining balance in my life is the most challenging. My goal each day is to put God first, my husband second, our children third, ministry next, and all other commitments or obligations follow after that.


(Robin) What has been the most challenging aspect of being a mother and the most rewarding?
(Leah) In this season of life, I’d have to say that the most challenging aspect of being a mom is following through when it comes to discipline. I can come up with some great consequences if the family rules are broken. By the time one of those rules have been tested, I’ve already forgotten what the consequences were that I created in the first place.

Maybe I should buy one of those whiteboards and write everything down like my sister does. J

My greatest reward is watching my two sons develop into Godly young men. It’s absolutely worth all the hard work that goes into parenting boys.


(Robin) I believe a mistake is only a mistake if we cannot walk away with a greater wisdom. Has there been a time in your life where struggle occurred from a poor decision and if so, how did you overcome?
(Leah) I’m a people pleasure by nature. In the past, saying “yes” to something I should have said “no” to has left me with an over-committed schedule, a frustrated family, and a stressed out me. It’s part of that whole “balancing” thing I talked about early.

I’ve learned from my mistakes that I can’t please everyone all the time. I’ve overcome my need to always please others by choosing to pray first before making a commitment. It takes some discipline but produces great results!


(Robin) How do you define success?
(Leah) Matthew 6:33 – Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.


(Robin) Looking back, what advice would you give to yourself at the age of eighteen to prepare you for life ahead?
(Leah) Fear less, trust God more, and don’t take yourself so seriously.


(Robin) With a new year beginning what do you hope to accomplish for this year?(Leah) For years I’ve wanted to go back to school and get a degree in Theology or Religious Arts. This was never possible with my schedule but now with online courses available, I’m hoping to start pursuing that dream this year – even it means one class at a time. J


(Robin) What encouraging words would you give to someone encountering loss?
(Leah) Loosing someone is so painful. My niece died when she was only 5 years old and it was so tragic for our entire family.

I think it’s important to allow yourself to go through the grieving process and seek Christian counseling for help if needed. I also believe it’s real important not to isolate yourself from others. Allow God to comfort you through His word and through loved ones/friends that can be His arms to hold you and His feet to walk by your side.


(Robin) My pastor says, "If the Lord has done something for you the least you can do is say so." Dear friend, what is the Lord doing in your life?
(Leah) The Lord is teaching me to trust Him more in every area of my life. He continues to reveal Himself and the plan He has for me as I spend time with Him each morning.


(Robin) What empowering advice would you give to someone facing adversity?
(Leah) One of my favorite scripture verses that I’ve memorized and have hidden in my heart is:

Trust in the LORD (Our Covenant God) with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight.

Proverbs 3: 5-6

When I’m facing adversity in my life I rely on God’s truth to speak to my heart when everything around me says otherwise. I’m learning to trust God above all else.


(Robin) In your legacy what do you hope to leave behind?
(Leah) I want to leave a legacy of love:

Love for Jesus

Love for God’s Word

Love for my family

Love for the body of Christ


Well now I am ready to face the day. What about you? Is there something Leah shared that blessed your heart today? A nugget to carry away and keep in your pocket? My friends, when we are living honestly and sharing our precious moments of our highs and those teaching moments of our lows we grow as women. There is nothing in this life that we cannot learn from. Why not share, open our hearts and learn together? God reveals Himself to us in many ways. I cherish each woman who stops by. God is revealing so much to me through these ladies who choose to be willing vessels for the Lord. Take time out today to stop by Leah's Website and see all that she is doing. If you touched by something special today please share with Leah just how much her inspiring words brought blessings to your heart.



Now for a little fun!! Leah is going to give a way a gift card to Starbucks!! WooHoo, now doesn't that sound awesome? Here is what you do. Leave a comment here and then pop on over to Leah's blog and share with her your favorite scripture verse. Sound easy enough? Leah will pick the winner and I will announce the blessed person on their way to Starbucks to grab a yummy coffee!! Blessings sweet friends.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...