Friday, November 26, 2010

You ready to see what's on the other side of the door?

She grabbed hold of the handle, not yet ready to open the door. What would be there? Would she be taken back to her past or maybe realize the present? She fights the urge to just walk past. She lets go and just stands as though time is not moving.

We all have a door to our past. We have a choice. We can open the door and unlock ourselves from the past and move into the future. Or we just continue to walk by as if that door is just part of the wall. The wall we have now built up around ourselves. Oh, if we could just open the door, and walk  through into tomorrow.

If you are like me, we can get stuck in our past. Wanting to let go, but not really ready. Why do we hold on so badly to what was? Might we want to see what it to come? We define ourselves by our past. We hide it from others as we carry a shame that isn't ours to carry. The longer we stay in our past the more time we waste today.

I can look back at the girl of my past and I can hardly recognize her. She seems so different from who I am today. But I know I would not be the woman I am today if I had not lived the days of my past that only led  me to the present with Jesus. It is through Him that I can find forgiveness not only of today, but of yesterday. Those days behind the door that we fear so much. He is the One who gave me strength to finally open that door and be set free from the old.

There is so much on the other side of the door. It is the key to unlocking who we are to be now in Christ Jesus.

John 10:7-10 "Then Jesus said to them again, 'Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.'"

Jesus is the Sheperd of His flock. He has the key to unlock the door to your future. If you will lay down your past at His feet He will give you a welcome mat to the future. He is keeping watch and is standing guard over His sheep while Satan is there trying to hold that door shut. Don't fear opening that door. Open it and see all the possibilities that lie in wait for you.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...