Wednesday, November 24, 2010

There is One who can calm the winds

As I was driving slowly through a parking lot I stopped to allow a woman to walk by. The wind was gusty and as she walked by with a smile her hat blew off with a stir. As she turned to grab her lost hat, she lost her cart she was holding onto. It began moving too fast and she couldn't catch up until another shopper stepped up to help her. He grabbed her cart and with a smile, she said, "Thank you." Ever feel like you are just running against the wind? Everything is blowing and as you turn you lose something else you thought you had hold of. Just when we think we have everything under our belt, it seems to fly in the wind. We run to catch it, but we never seem to run fast enough. The further we go, the farther it seems to be out of reach. Sometimes it is just at our fingertips, almost in our reach. But as we stretch out our hand it is gone with another breeze.

Just as this woman was trying to grab hold, another stepped forward to bring needed help. Isn't that just what the Lord does for us? When something feels like it's out of reach, He steps in and stops the wind, takes our hand and says, "Hold on. Be still. I got it." Oh, how the wind is blowing today. It almost cuts like a knife, but in the midst of all the blowing and scattered thoughts He is there keeping me still. It is His protection, His covering that keeps the wind from knocking me over. Ever stand in the cold wind until tears come to the surface? Even as those tears fall, there is a current of life. A newness you feel coming. We never know what will blow in with the wind, but one thing is for sure. The Lord will keep us from being swept up in the coldness that surrounds us. It is His warmth that stills my heart. It is His loving hands that bring comfort.

As the wind is howling today in my life and stirring all around me, it is the Lord that brings a peace and calm. It is His sweet words that echo through my heart. "Be still my daughter." I don't have to fear the storms attacking. I can see Him standing tall through the storms and taking all that blows for me. I know my Savior will bring me through the storms of today and carry me above all that comes tomorrow. With each wind that comes our compass still points north. He is Forever North. If I just stay focused on Him and not all that is around me He will lead me through the storm. With each wind that comes there is sweet music that can be heard. I just have to tune my heart to be able to hear His sweet melody.

Jeremiah 51:16 "He utters His voice-There is a multitude of waters in the heavens: He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; He makes lightnings for the rain; He brings the wind out of His treasuries."

Luke 8:24-25 "And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, 'Master, Master, we are perishing!' Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm. But He said to them, 'Where is your faith?' And they were afraid, and marveled, saying to one another, 'Who can this be? For He commands even the winds and water, and they obey Him!'"

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...