Sunday, November 28, 2010

How do we know?

If you are like me you often walk one way and then turn to another, wondering if you are traveling down the right road. It can be so confusing listening to the voices in our head and heart. We want to follow the Lord, but the advice of another often seems more comforting at the moment. Our heart is not wanting a challenge, and our mind is often too tired to keep focus. So what do we do? How do we know which way to go?

We make our plans without the leadership of the Lord, only to find out later what blessings we missed out on, trying to simply make it on our own. Since the Lord knows our life step by step, isn't it best to  affirm our goings and stopping's with Him? We seem to throw the dice and take a chance, but we must remember each choice we make will determine our next.

We seem to think money is the answer to all our problems. Many times seeking money is the root of our problems. We seem to place everything, every desire above what the Lord has before us. Sometimes what He asking is hard. But He will give us all we need for the road. He will make sure we are packed and loaded with everything possible for every possibility that will only bring glory and honor to Him.

When we go by our wants and plans instead of following the leadership of the Lord it will only lead to a dead end. But praise Jesus, He is the maker of u-turns. We often go by the advice of others. We listen to the worldly views as we turn on Dr. Phil or Oprah. We seem to ask everyone for their thoughts and opinions before we turn to the Lord. Oh, I am one who fits that example perfectly. Isn't it quicker to receive an answer by calling a friend instead of waiting upon the Lord? But, if we would only wait upon Him, quiet ourselves instead of doing all the talking we would gain so much more. I talk way too much. This morning as I was praying, it was almost as if the Lord said to me, "Hush, and just listen."

Just because things are not looking perfect doesn't mean the Lord isn't it in. He is working all around us. I often look at my circumstances and wonder just where God is in it all. He is right here with me. He hasn't left me. I just get tired of struggle and then lose focus. I begin to seek my own path. Even when I take a wrong turn, it is His voice that guides me right back to Him.

Proverbs 16:1 "We can make our own plans, but the Lord gives the right answer."

Proverbs 16:3 "Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed."

Proverbs 16:9 "We can make our own plans, but the Lord determines our steps."

Proverbs 16:16 "How much better to get wisdom than gold, and good judgment than silver!"

Proverbs 16:25 " There is a path before each person that seems right, but it ends in death."

Proverbs 16:33 "We many throw the dice, but the Lord determines how they fall."

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go. I need to stop trying to guide myself through all the mine fields and just simply follow Him. Every moment in our lives has purpose. Our circumstance might be to bring teaching to another, blessings to all, and growth to ourselves. For us to become the people He is calling us to be we are going to have to listen to His every word and allow Him to guide our steps. Everything and everyone in our lives has precious meaning. May we stop trying to guide the ship alone and let the Lord guide us. I think the sunset will only be more beautiful when I turn from my own vision and begin to see through His.

AddToAny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...